Perfect Path Technologies

Other threads have been focused on one particular product, and I thought it might be appropriate to start a more general one to discuss various current (and future) products from this company. Users of PPT products, and those who are interested in or considering them, please post your experience, thoughts, questions etc.

Lively, spirited dialog is encouraged, but please, be respectful and do not engage in personal attacks on, or disparagement of, other posters. Remember, tolerance is all about how we treat those we disagree with.

I purchased a new home in early October, so I have been in the process of getting my system set up, settled in, and back to where it was before. During that time I had forgotten a little bit how profound the “Perfect Path Effect” is. Does it defy conventional thinking, and easy explanation? Absolutely, but I have proven to myself over and over that it is very real.

All the signal and AC connections in my system were previously treated with Total Contact. It had plenty of time to cure, so I did not reapply it when I set up this time. I have 16 of the original Omega mats, two each under my CD transport, DAC, pre, amp, power strip, on top of my speakers, and on the outside of my breaker box. I have an Alpha card on the back of both speakers, over the crossover. I have StopIts on the unused inputs and output of my pre. I have StopIt ACs in all the unused listening room outlets. The latest addition is a pair of Omega+ mats on the outside of my breaker box.

I could go on and on about natural detail & dynamics, coherence, involvement with, and just plain “realness” of the music, but, in the end, it’s something you have to hear for yourself. I really wish I could have everyone that reads this over to listen with me 🙂

tommylion
Post removed 
Just added two more Omega+s on my breaker box, and one under my CD transport. Very nice, more transparency and relaxed musicality. Can’t wait until they fully settle in! 😃

I’ll have to try them on the back of my speakers next. I already have two original Omegas on top of each speaker.
tommylion ...

At this point, I’m thinking that the four most effective placements for the Omega + E-Mats are, in the following order:

1. In the circuit breaker box.
2. Under the power conditioner.
3. On the rear and on the sides of the speakers in line with the drivers.
4. Under the electronic equipment.

Frank
Frank,
My power conditioner has legs with spikes which hold it more than 2” above the surface. The legs are spaced too close for a mat to go underneath without the spikes piercing the mat. 
So, due to the height and leg situation, I’ll put my next 2 mats on top. Do you think the physical contact with the power conditioner might actually make it a better choice?
Greg
Great post Mijo.
A real class act, thx!
I will never understand why anyone would go into a thread just to criticize when they have no actual experience of products under discussion.

System sounding really good these days, nearly stopped looking at the classified ads nowadays... Lol.