How Science Got Sound Wrong

I don't believe I've posted this before or if it has been posted before but I found it quite interesting despite its technical aspect. I didn't post this for a digital vs analog discussion. We've beat that horse to death several times. I play 90% vinyl. But I still can enjoy my CD's.  

https://www.fairobserver.com/more/science/neil-young-vinyl-lp-records-digital-audio-science-news-wil...
128x128artemus_5
@geoffkait , oh, I got 'over it' quite awhile ago.  Overanalysis of all of it begat no real answers after all.

One can consider/debate/argue/laugh/whine/freakout/love it/leave it all until your head begins to hurt.  Or run out of breath or excuses.  'Go Zen', go crazy, fall into apathy, fall out, fall in...or just fall.

It doesn't change a thing....It just Is.  Live it or live with it.

Acceptance....as you inferred. ;)  Cheers...*G*
Post removed 
Amusing but i'm worn out--my IQ must be below 100.  Attempting to distill all of this down to its essence i conclude that no one has really refuted atdavid's argument--which i have further distilled down to: "Neil Young is full of s**t"--well, heck--we all knew that to start.

I'm going to the bar with avsjerry to live with it 😀

Neil Young would probably have had a much different outcome had he known any audiophiles who were into tweaks. As I’ve oft observed not much good can come of playing untreated CDs on stock un-tweaked systems, especially in-tweaked CD players. 
I doubt he has any hearing left anyway--especially after all those sessions with Crazy Horse--i suppose i could cut him some slack and interpret his rants as being solely about compression of dynamic range in digital?  Nah, even though i like his early work he's still full of it...