Mmmm Crow tastes good...

So I have been anti subwoofer. And now I’m getting the hype (and maybe the vapors too).

I’m off all this week and remembered a crusty old subwoofer stashed in the dankest corner of my closet. Since the Quicksilver preamp I got a couple of months ago had a 2nd set of outputs I decided to put it on play.

this is a Pinnacle sub, 10” and 200 watts. I think I paid $129 on amazon a few years ago for home the water. Ironically it’s a sealed box implementation.

after a couple of hours of messing with it I think I have it fairly well integrated. I’ll have to make sure it’s not killing my neighbors. It’s not an audiophile sub but it really does add to the enjoyment of my patchwork system.

I do notice that, as with my stand mounts, there less bass at my siting position vs standing in the same spot. So I’ll have to figure out what’s going on with that.

But yeah, assuming I’m not blowing out my neighbors I’ll sincerely consider 2 good subs.
gochurchgo
I’ll look into the SVS footers. I moved the sub further down the front wall away from the listening position after I noticed that, when walking past the sub the area directly in front of the driver (front firing) there was less bass there. Now it’s 2 feet further away and it’s a little more level between sitting and standing. 
Learning is fun.
Gochurchgo, you are far from white trash imho.  You deserve the utmost respect for keeping your family together and taking care of your daughter.  I too have lived in less than desirable locations.  Making do and accepting your situation probably wears on you.  Finding respite in music helps soothe the soul.  Listen as often as possible.

The distributed bass array helped most of my lack of quality bass.  You could use your current sub with two more woofers.  I went with 2 cu ft sealed boxes, 2 tens and 1 twelve-used car stereo boxes and subs for the $savings.  Will add another twelve in the future.  Uses one 200 watt woofer to drive all 3.

Could the lack of bass on the speakers be due to out of phase sub?  I have a small 8 inch Velodyne sub (works great).  Gave one just like it to my next door neighbor, it is in the garage, buried under.  If you would like, it is yours, no charge, just pay shipping-haven't used it in 3 years and it will be given away at some point.   You can give me your address at [email protected].  No strings.  I would just like to contribute to an outstanding father.  Jerry
@ gochurchgo you my man are a better man than most. I to have a friend who is a father of a special needs child, and when we meet I hug him like a brother. As I slowly upgrade you will be the first to know what I am getting rid of, god bless you sir.
As a less than deep pocket gear enthusiast myself there is a very good sounding sub from pioneer designed by Andrew Jones. For the money it’s very very good. 
Pioneer Elite SW-10 mk2... 

bought one for a friend for a system and was blown away by the sound from an affordable box. 
Happy Listening!!
@gochurchgo,
I can definitely say that this is the first time that any thing on Audiogon has moved me to tears (other than some of the prices of the actual equipment..)!  

I tip my hat to you, sir.