Dunlavy SC-IV bass problem

Hello,

please help that I bought a Dunlavy SC-IV speaker. But, I found the bass of the speaker is not enough. It seems missing some range. I am sure that the speaker driver (Vifa) is work well.

Can someone explain bass problem of Dunlavy SC -IV and teach how to modify it to new version(to use scan speak woofer driver)?

Thank you.
oxfordjack
Be sure and check the phase as Brf said. I once heard a very large pair of speakers at a friends house, I told him they didn't have much bass, he said nonsense. A couple of months later he found that the factory had wired the woofers out of phase.
Hello all,

I am using Accuphase power amp P600 and pre amp C240. I think the power of amp should be enough.

The speaker is bought in second hand shop. It is like new. I trust there should had no user to modify it before.

Can someone give me information to identify my own one?

As for bass response,

1) I found that the sound of mid and high driver is louder than the bass. I just hear the mid and high driver. I need to tune them down and then the bass will be better or more bass I heard.

2) I feel some stranger in bass range. It seems missing somethings but I do not know how to say that. I need to open it to check is the wire out of phase? However,

Before opening it up, I would like to point out that both side speakers are same sound quality. So.........

My friends and I feel problem in bass!!!! But, I can not find other users in Hong Kong to make comparsion.

Can someone instruct me how to do it?
There was a thread 8 years ago about a guy who modifies the Dunlavy speakers.
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1033828276&read&keyw&zztubesville
You can check the polarity of the wiring on the woofers with a battery.

Connect the + battery terminal to the + speaker input, and the - battery terminal to the - speaker input. The crossover will send the DC voltage from the battery to the woofers, so your mids and tweeters will be safe. Both woofer cones should jump forward. Check this on both speakers.
Speaker and listener placement has a _lot_ to do with the bass you get out of your speaker. After moving to a new home/room I needed to move my seat forward six inches to avoid a noticeable suck-out.