Bluesound Node 2i vs Upscale streamers

For those of you that have compared the Node 2/2i to some of the more expensive streamers like Lumin, Aurender, etc., what do the big boys bring to the table. Forget the internal DACs, I'm sure theirs beats the Node. I'm talking about using these devices as stand alone streamers into an outboard DAC. What are the differences you've heard?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
I have heard the Node compared with the Aurender N100 through an Ayre Codex DAC.
The Aurender combo was much, much better.
I currently use the Node with a Codex, so things are going to change soon. I am just waiting for Aurender to get the ACS100 software running so I can network my 2 systems, like I do with the Bluesound.
Bob
@gdnrbob: When you say "much, much better", what does that mean?

Were you using AirPlay, Bluetooth, BT AptX, UPnP....like the OP, I dont get it but really want to.

Some say that a Chromecast or APE can do the trick provided your DAC is not too jitter sensitive. Or, what if you put a reclocker in front of it?

You still have a streaming front end that is $200-$700 while all these others can be $2K+.

what are we missing assuming that the DACs are the same?
I have a Node 2, an Aurender N100H, and an Auralic Aries G2 in three separate systems.  But, I’ve also compared them directly.  What do they do differently?  Sense of space mostly.  The Bluesound as a streamer into the same DAC sounds “flat” front to back and side to side in comparison to the other units.  There’s more information too. The Node is a terrific value, but the better units offer more resolution and more sense of space.  Tonally, they’ll sound the same, as you would expect, but the better units are offering the data with less jitter, and less noise perceived as a lack of resolution.  My DAC is decent, not great, but certainly better than average - and it rejects jitter well.  But, it’s pretty clear that a better bitstream will result in a better sound.  
Best,