BEST HARMLESS/SIGNATURELESS SPEAKERS CAPACITORS.

Dear friends:I really need your helpwith first hand experiences with speaker crossover capacitors founded in next main experiences/tested premises: for a 3-way speaker design, high resolution audio systems, very low distortion audio systems, wide systems frequency range, " zero trade-offs ".

I know that the best capacitor is NO-capacitor, well I need your near to that full experiences with another desired premises from you: audio systems using SS electronics and mainly listening MUSIC through digital sources.

All your opinions/help are appreciated.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
Dear @imhififan : I have to say that I never heard yet Tidal speakers that I know are very good performers and that speaker crossover could be only a " grain in the sand of sea " that could confirm that " exeption confirm the rule " like the ones I mentioned that just don’t use those " boutique " caps. Maybe in the future things can change. Who knows?

It is " weird " that the fans of Duelund stay " dead silence " : why?

Yes the active filter for the woofer could be an option and could be a better alternative. Thank’s.

R.
If you don't need audiophile names on your caps check out some of the surplus Russian caps. Teflon, glass sealed caps at a couple of bucks each, mil spec. Since they are Teflon they don't have paper to degrade and are a high quality cheap alternative.
Billwojo
Dear @billwojo :  "  If you don't need audiophile names on your caps....."

that's not the main subject . As a fact I use Duelund resistors in my speaker crossovers.

I can use Teflon caps in the midrange/high frequency drivers and my needs rigth now is cap for the woofers where I can't use teflon caps due that I need 100uf caps that is a very high capacitance for teflon units.

Thank's for your post.

R.
Dear @andy2  : The top Tidal is around 215K and the top Evolution even at higher price ! !

Other name I forgot is Acapella and I had the opportunity to listen ( twice. ) one of its top speaker in a first rate room/system with an audio friend in Houston.
Well the top Acapella speaker weigths 600kg. each one, very expensive and no Duelund's down there.

Btw, something that let me with many questions is about Tidal speaker  that use 5 diferent caps in the crossover: 2 Duelund models, 2 Mundorf models and Audyn reference and I wonder why all those diferent ( signature. ) capacitors in the crossover?.
Yes the obvious answer could be to achieve the designer targets during the voicing of those speakers but the speaker use the very well regarded Accuton drivers. Can I think that needs a " lot " of effort to tame its kind of sound response?  who knows,maybe yes. Of course that I'm ignorant of any Tidal design targets and the topology in its crossovers.

In the other side my conclusion along this thread ( what happened and what does not happened. ) is that does not exist a " best harmless/signatureless capacitor " for speaker crossovers.

I n theory well designed and well builded teflon caps are the ones nearer to that  " title " till appears a true/real contender for. 

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

In the other side my conclusion along this thread ( what happened and what does not happened. ) is that does not exist a " best harmless/signatureless capacitor " for speaker crossovers.
I agree. Every cap will have its sound signature - some are better at hiding its short comings than others.  Of course that does not mean some are not superior than others.  

Like they say, every artist steals. Only the bad ones got caught :-)