Bluesound Node2 with outboard DAC

Has anyone used the Bluesound Node or Vault for music streaming connected to a good outboard DAC and respond to how good the combo sounds. I see the Bluesound has great connectivity and streaming options with a good user interface. Curious if using with a good dac is worth the money. 
I'm using Ayre 5xeMP preamp,  Mark Levinson 532h amp and Revel Performa floorstanders. Cardas interconnects.  
Currently using OPPO 105d as my music player and streamer,  don't like it disconnects from my tablet app control a lot and hoping for better resolution. I use Tidal HiFi for streaming and usb hard drive for stored music files. 
Appreciate relevant replies. Thanks Audiogon group
lnitm
I have the Node2, connected to a Schiit Bifrost multibit. The sound was better than the Bluesound dac. However I just went down the Raspberry pi rabbit hole ( pi 3b+, allo digione sig spdif out, shanti power supply) and a RME ADI-2 dac. It’s a bit of diy, but I just played Bowie’s Scary Monsters lp vs tidal through the new setup. The digital front end sounds like I’m sitting in the mixing studio. Amazing, no digital harshness. My vinyl front end( VPI prime, Hana SL, ph16) was a little bit rounder and ever so slightly narrower soundstage, but I’m nitpicking.
I guess paying attention to the beginning of the audio chain makes a difference. 

Regarding MQA, I believe Bluesound does the first unfolding, and sends it out to the dac, or you need to go into the settings and select mqa pass through where it will just let the dac do all the work. Though I’m not sure as I never had a MQA dac to try it out on.
Good luck
mdr
Some listeners using outboard DACs seem to imply that the node has an effect on digital SQ.  On the Roon forum, one user claimed measurable difference on SQ (thru the speakers). I find that hard to believe. Is it really likely that the streamer degrades the digital signal fed to a DAC?
I’ve found everything matters. I’ve heard major differences between the Node and the Allo digione sig, and again when I changed the power supply to Allo’s Shanti power supply. It’s about eliminating noise on the power input. 
I'll chime in. I have a Node 2,and have been asking the yay or nay external DAC question on other sites,with little or no input. So,after reading many positive reviews,I purchased a Topping D50. I know,it's rather inexpensive,so please don't hate me!  I have to say after about a day of listening,this thing has settled down nicely. 
  Two improvements I have noticed are more detail,and bigger,wider image. I'm even running my CD player through the Topping with positive results. 

This is my first DAC,so I have no comments or comparisons on any other models.