Perfect Path Technologies

Other threads have been focused on one particular product, and I thought it might be appropriate to start a more general one to discuss various current (and future) products from this company. Users of PPT products, and those who are interested in or considering them, please post your experience, thoughts, questions etc.

Lively, spirited dialog is encouraged, but please, be respectful and do not engage in personal attacks on, or disparagement of, other posters. Remember, tolerance is all about how we treat those we disagree with.

I purchased a new home in early October, so I have been in the process of getting my system set up, settled in, and back to where it was before. During that time I had forgotten a little bit how profound the “Perfect Path Effect” is. Does it defy conventional thinking, and easy explanation? Absolutely, but I have proven to myself over and over that it is very real.

All the signal and AC connections in my system were previously treated with Total Contact. It had plenty of time to cure, so I did not reapply it when I set up this time. I have 16 of the original Omega mats, two each under my CD transport, DAC, pre, amp, power strip, on top of my speakers, and on the outside of my breaker box. I have an Alpha card on the back of both speakers, over the crossover. I have StopIts on the unused inputs and output of my pre. I have StopIt ACs in all the unused listening room outlets. The latest addition is a pair of Omega+ mats on the outside of my breaker box.

I could go on and on about natural detail & dynamics, coherence, involvement with, and just plain “realness” of the music, but, in the end, it’s something you have to hear for yourself. I really wish I could have everyone that reads this over to listen with me 🙂

tommylion
Flicking through some favourites (while putting off the last stage of end of year school reports).

But initial review of the SR Orange fuses:

Base stronger - seems to hang in the air.
Instrument separation more discernible.
Again, hearing things in tracks I'd never heard before.

Overall, a huge A+ in my view

Let my Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend (Gross Point Blank)
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads (Stop Making Sense)
World Mix - Deep Forest
Armagideon Time - The Clash
Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed
Paradise Circus - Massive Attack
The Decoration - Eyeless in Gaza
No Ordinary Morning - Chicane
Tilted - Christine and the Queens
Biko - Peter Gabriel
Wurlitzer Jukebox - Young Marble Giants
New Dark Age - The Sound
Tomorrow - Bono/Adam Clayton (Common Ground)
The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove - Dead Can Dance

Wish I had longer, but gotta work some!
jerrybj,

I have orange fuses in my CD transport and amp (DAC is next). They are great, but don't you know talking about them kills threads around here 😉
tommylion
I have orange fuses in my CD transport and amp (DAC is next). They are great, but don’t you know talking about them kills threads around here.
That’s the reason I spend most of my time on other audio forums, in different continents. I find some of the posters obtuse and asinine. Arrogance in the face of so many reasoned replies.

Our listening experiences are subjective. There is some objectivity, but I can’t measure it. I admit I sometimes struggle with the ’I spent $250, so I’m sure I can hear an improvement.’

For most of my tweaks, I doubt there is very much scientific evidence to support the sound improvements. It comes down to advice from people on forums on purchase decisions. The even-handed advice I’ve got from the very many good people has been worthwhile.

Audiogon was too much for me to read when I started an overhaul of my system. A dozen people ruined it, and about the same number continue to do the same. I return, but previously, I quickly leave. Our peers in other countries are far more open to reasonable discussion.

My view is, if I haven’t tried a product, I won’t comment.
I am a cynic. Skepticism is inbuilt. But I have fuses, Akiko products, SGS grounding box, Mad Scientist products, Bybee iQSE, HFC MC-05, Black Ravioli, Schumman Resonators, iFi products, and mains conditioners (as the main tweaks).
Most of these were suggested.
Trying MS donuts, and a PPT product as well. Have upgraded power cables to put in.

Really, imho if you haven’t tried a product ’humph the humph up.’
Ask questions, express your dismay at its science, and then be quiet.
It’s that simple.

Sorry Tommylion. Was going to be brief.
jerrybj,

Excellent post, yours is the kind of attitude that still makes this forum worthwhile.

Did the wink emoji I used at the end of my post come come across on your end? I am using an iPad, and I’m not sure if the Apple emojis show up on other platforms. My comment was meant to be a lighthearted poke at the frustrating behavior of certain posters on this forum you are referring to.
Update on the EMat+ installation on my power panel:

After the mats had been installed for 3 days I decided to take a break from listening to my system in order to have fresh ears. I stayed away for 2 1/2 days and then listened. What I heard was a jump in performance, similar to all previously heard improvement caused by the PPT products.  Improved holographic imaging, quieter backgrounds, etc.  
What strikes me most is the fact that my listening experience keeps improving  despite my belief that it cannot get any more “real”.  I enjoy a listening in a dimly-lit room, mostly with my eyes closed.  However, I will often open my eyes to observe the space where a certain instrument is located in the sound field, almost expecting to see the player in my room!  Vocalists and acoustic guitars are my favorite and perhaps the most real sounding.

My listening/evaluation of new components, cables, PPT products, etc., is actually quite scientific, for lack of a better term.  I have about a dozen CDs that I use, with specific tracks and volume settings written down, thus insuring my comparisons don’t have variables influencing my opinions and observations. I have about 15 years of experience in recording studio mixing in a home studio,and I know my reference recordings about as well as if I mixed them myself. I know the subtle nuances and details of my chosen songs that will best indicate changes to the signal path.  

So, after 6 full days of breaking in, the EMat+ mats are another major hit!  
Best to all!
Greg