Integrated amp for Thiel 3.7's

I am sort off picking up where Thieliste, Jafant and others left off in the discussion thread about what electronics to use drive the Thiels.  I was, and I suppose still am looking for a preamp to drive my pass labs 60.5 mono's, but in reading some of the posts I have also started considering simplifying my system and just going for a high end integrated.  Part of the reason I am thinking about going in this new direction is that we may be moving- and this might be the right time to scale down.

I am not sure yet, but I have started thinking about it. 
For preamplifiers I keep on toying with the idea of a PS audio BHK, Pass labs xp12, Simaudio 740p, or an Aesthetix Calypso Eclipse.  One of these would replace my Prima Luna Dialogue Premium- as I have mentioned before I think I can probably get better detail, definition, and depth a preamp with a higher quality volume control (vs the Prima Luna blue velvet).

But maybe a high end integrated might actually do the trick as well- I cannot afford one of the new Uber integrateds but maybe some high quality used ones might work.  I am budgeting under usd10k.  By selling my other equipment I should be able to get to my budget with a relatively small additional investment (usd1-3k ?).

So I have been looking at Luxman 509x, Nelson Pass Int 250, Vitus RI-100 or RI-101....Diablo 300 would be out of my reach even used but maybe the 120, and maybe an ASR (the exclusive 2 would be so many boxes that it would defeat the whole purpose of consolidating the system- so maybe the 1?).  On these last 2 I really have no idea about how much one gives up going with the lower models.

Ultimately my hope is that the list above will still get me further than where I am with my current set up.

Anyway, would be very interested in your thoughts as I look at this new angle for my system.
pgastone
Many separate power amps find the 3.7's load challenging. There aren't many integrateds capable of powering  those Thiel's to all they are capable of. Ideally you would have a minimum of 400 Watts per channel into 2 Ohms. More power into that impedance could be beneficial.
Yes I realize I need something that is v stable into 2 0hms considering how close to that level the  impedance  for a significant part of frequency spectrum.

I think that the Luxman should be able to handle that but I will have to double check.  The Mimas I am much less convinced about and I might even call Jim White.

I will certainly look at this Mark Levinson- I heard other recent offerings with different set-ups and I didn't always like it- but one can never know without testing with ones own.  So I am going to look at this as well- maybe try a demo.  The other issue is that if Icannot find used it is out of my budget.

I am curious about the Vitus if I do manage to get an in home demo.
@pgastone before making your final decision consider this baby too

(hoping that ‘gon trolls and teenagers still asleep 😴).

I have no affiliation with any audio-related manufacturer

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/1019/Audio_Analogue_Maestro_Anniversary_Integra...

pgastone OP

Don’t listen to those just saying get this or that, because "it’s stable into 2ohms".

There's more to it, there no use just saying an amp that stable at 2ohms will do, as a old 80’s NAD3020 Integrated is stable at 2ohms, and it’s got no chance of driving the Thiel 3.7’s.

Yes you need an amp that comfortable at 2ohms, but also one that can deliver big current right down to 2ohms and not sag.

And the way to tell is, one that can keep close to doubling it’s wattage from 8ohm to 4ohm then 4ohm to 2ohm. then you’ll have the ideal amp to get the best from these types of speakers.

Cheers George
yes absolutely- I always check if power doubles, or is close, every time the impedance doubles.  Although the specs often do go that far- and my general assumption, which I always try to duoble check if the measurements are available.   I also always check the specs of the power supply transformer.

@ hasmarto.  I had missed the this new Audio Analogue.  This is definitely worth looking into.  I used to live in Italy and I am familiar with the company so I'll do some research on this one.  Thanks for that!!