BEST HARMLESS/SIGNATURELESS SPEAKERS CAPACITORS.

Dear friends:I really need your helpwith first hand experiences with speaker crossover capacitors founded in next main experiences/tested premises: for a 3-way speaker design, high resolution audio systems, very low distortion audio systems, wide systems frequency range, " zero trade-offs ".

I know that the best capacitor is NO-capacitor, well I need your near to that full experiences with another desired premises from you: audio systems using SS electronics and mainly listening MUSIC through digital sources.

All your opinions/help are appreciated.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
rauliruegas,

I was just wondering the cost of your turn tables?  My guess is one may cost more than my entire system.  I once compared a turn table side by side with a CD source and the most difference that jumped out is how the turn table sounds a lot more like "live" music vs. the CD which sounded somewhat processed and artificial.  IMHO.
Like I said before I am new with modding with film caps but here is my caps I have tried, Jantzen alumen Z, Audyn copper max, Miflex copper foil, vcap, Sonicap platinum, Duelund, Jupiter copper, mundorf supreme silver gold, clarity cap CMR. The 2 that weren't for me were Vcap and mundorf. Jupiter is not neutral either but is a very nice cap. I liked the Miflex better than Audyn copper max. Between the Jupiter and Miflex the bass is bigger and tighter than Jupiter, Jupiter is a little smoother and colored than Miflex. The most neutral was the Jantzen Z and CMR. With Z being a little more neutral and CMR being a little more transparent.  I have external crossover point to point and could flip caps pretty fast to see what they were doing. The Miflex bypass did make nice addition without feeling it threw off phase or lost a lot neutralality of Z or CMR's. I noticed your system is solid state mine is tube Preamp, tube CD player, solid state and tube phono pre's, solid state amps and tube amps so apples and oranges.
Dear @paulcreed  : For years I used tube alternative but from some years now only solid state and for good reasons.

I would like to know from your first hand experiences two things: your opinion of the Platinum through the tweeter or midrange drivers ( not used as by-passing but as the filter cap. ) and which V-caps you experienced and where did you used?.

Your answer appreciated.

R.
Dear @andy2  : As good analog/LP are the digital alternative already improved a lot in the last years and IMHO today is superior to the LP alternative.

Yesterday nigth I was listening the LP versions ( 33 and 45rpm. ) of Modern Cool by P. Barber that by coincidence I own too through a Blueray sample and the digital version ( 24/192 ) outperforms both LP versions.

If the recorded and mastering process are good/decent ones and everything else the same then 4xDSD OR 32/384 dac BEATS lpS but even a CDP can do it. Of course LP vs digital always is way controversial.

R.
I used vcap TFTF in a tube Preamp as signal cap, it was nice  but did not sound natural to me. It is a neutral cap but came across as sterile after spending time with it, sounded great at beginning after break in but that wore off.  I use the Duelund silver as bypass in Preamp. Sonicap platinum bypass in a set of speakers.