Phono cartridge suggestions sought

Hi All,

I am in the market for a new phono cartridge. I can run up to $1400 but would prefer not to if i can get the performance I want. 

I listen to predominantly Jazz on vinyl, though some rock, folk and classical also gets spun

I recently heard a Hana SL and Rega Apheta at a dealers—different decks, same room and system. Both sounded good although the Apheta was not as heavy sounding and at the same time sounded more “present”. I wasn’t really looking at the Apheta, but it was available to listen to. 

The room is accoustically live with lots of glass and hard surfaces but all sounds good. 

System: Naim Atom, Bryston TT, Parasound JC jr phono stage (so huge loading flexibility and gain up to the 60’s), Totem Acoustics Signature Ones, Transparent cables. Current cart: Denon 103r with 250 hours on it, so it is winding down. 

I have enjoyed the Denon. But wondering about that all elusive “more.”

on paper spec, nobody touches the Grados for channel separation, but not sure how essential a criterion that should be. Especially since I worked hard to tame some RFI from a nearby antenna and the Grados I have heard said are not well-shielded. 

Since my Totems only drop down to 45 Hz, I suppose absolute resolution on the low end could be sacrificed for other sonic goods. 

Ok, hive mind, what do you suggest?
dramatictenor
I have the Shibata stylus version of the AT VM750 at $400. It's good. One poster suggested buying one and saving the $1000. I also have a $1500 London/Decca SuperGold and it wipes the floor with the AT. So you might consider actually spending the full amount.
Ok, so some new changes in my source world. I still have the Bryston TT with the Dynavector 20x2, but I recently acquired a Thorens TD124v2, and decided to go all out (for me.) I am using a SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star cartridge. Even better lateral imaging and depth than the DV, a less forward presentation, very low noise. I am sure there are other differences, but this is still too new an addition to the system (about 6 record sides), and variations in loading etc may have a role that I still haven't noticed.

You can try one of these 3 cartridges.1) Audio Technica AT33PTG/II  $549.002) Audio Technica AT-ART9      $990.003) Audio Technica AT-ART7   $1,090.00