BEST HARMLESS/SIGNATURELESS SPEAKERS CAPACITORS.

Dear friends:I really need your helpwith first hand experiences with speaker crossover capacitors founded in next main experiences/tested premises: for a 3-way speaker design, high resolution audio systems, very low distortion audio systems, wide systems frequency range, " zero trade-offs ".

I know that the best capacitor is NO-capacitor, well I need your near to that full experiences with another desired premises from you: audio systems using SS electronics and mainly listening MUSIC through digital sources.

All your opinions/help are appreciated.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
Dear @erik_squires  @paulcreed  : No it's not my first speaker, as a fact my ADS speakers are heavy modified by me with out changing the caps/resistors/inductors values.:

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/3080  

and mno I still really like the true neutrality of the Jantzen Alumen Z that I listen through them by one year now.

But I want to up-grade my speaker crossover caps and in this forum exist several gentlemans with a lot first hand experiences on a variety of capacitors that I not have.

I know for sure that I can have a very good up-grade using Teflon caps through the tweeter/band-pass/midrange crossover but at an insane price.

I know too that I can buy for each crossover speakert 10 AlumenZ for the woofer it self but Jantzen designed the Alumen Z mainly for tweeters and Michael Jantzen told me that I could use it too in midrrange drivers and that's what I did it and I'm satisfied but ...? ? ? .

What I want is to invest for the " last " time in those crossover caps in my speakers. Maybe some of you could say: " hey, change your speakers for a today better speakers " and this can sound reasonable till you listen my " vintage " speakers: Believe me but not easy to bet it at a reasonable price that could can goes over 60+K dollars because the main issue in my system is exactly this: the whole room/system.

Other option that I already took in count is to go with the Alumen Z Cu but I already know is not enough for what I'm looking for.

The premises in my thread are because that's are what I'm listened from some years now. In the past I was a tube guy till I learned and in the premise of digital sources experiences from any one of you are due that even that I'm a LP lover ( over 7K LPs. ) digital already outperforms it and in the very first time that instead to fine tunning my room/system through the analog alternative and started to fine tunning tghrough the digital alternative the analog one improved as digital alternative too.

I appreciated truly all those 3 posts opinions and I hope other gentlemans can give me their advise for I can have choices good choices to decide about.

Thank's.

R.

I'm sorry, it wasn't clear from your original post if you were building a new speaker set, or upgrading an existing.
My advice was given for a new build, not an upgrade. The brand recommendations remain in either case. :)
Dear @erik_squires  : I figure that you don't listened yet the Alumen Z by Jantzen. I had the opportunity to listen the CMR and as good as they are the Alumen is a " little " better with more neutral performance, transparency, better tonal balance and natural dynamics/effortless. As a fact the Alumen Z is really near of what I'm looking for but I know that exist other caps that can help me to arrive " there ".

Maybe I can use the CMR in the speaker woofers where I need a 100uf cap.

R.
Dear friends: It's not weird that only one gentleman ( @erik_squires  ) gave me his advice on caps and I say is not weird because like a years ago I came to this same forum and I posted in a thread already opened thread asking for help to all those experts that were posting in that tghread but that when I ask for their help only one of them told me that he needs to know my speaker description/system and when I answered to him unfortunatelly he never came back to me with his advice.

So with almost no help I decided to buy the Jantzen Alumen Z capacitors when no one spoke about it, all those experts were focus in Duelund, Jupiter, Mundorf and the like but no one mentioned the Jantzen ones.

Well seems to me that again I will have to take the decision by my self and nothing wrong with that.

Maybe some of you can ask  why I decided for the Alumen Z when everyone was around the Duelund/Jupiter/etc, etc " party ".  Answer is easy: I learned reading through the net and talking with caps manufacturers and from my past first hand experiences with caps and my first move was to fix my main target for those caps that was very similar of what I'm looking for in this thread.

I have not experiences with the Jupiter but I had with Duelund and mundorf and both are far away to be neutral but the other way around: full colored. Just does not goes with my target.

yes I know that the Humble......caps test comparison site told us that Duelund are fully neutral but the concept of " neutral " is different for that Humble..... gentleman whom made the comparisons and some of us and is easy to say it when we read the words he used to express his experiences with the different caps and my system audio units/devices are different too.

It's easy to take in count something is wrong in the experience tests description when speaks from neutrality but the description is full of adjectives that said are faraway from be neutral : smooth, organic, darkness, richer, deeper, mature, bigger, etc, etc. All those adjectives talking of caps characteristics. Why if  are way " neutral " ?

From years now I know the critical main importance of the dielectric materiali caps , circuit boards in electronics, cables dielectric material and the like and nothing is near Teflon but contrary to scientific data that comes with the PTFE those very expensive caps with the higher grade evaluation from 12 to 15+ no one use PTFE but beewax over paper or oil and a lot of other dielectric materials with out any single scientific test of the dielectric material used by the caps manufacturers only : bla, bla, bla. Here some reviews that confirm about:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/0514/jupiter_copper_foil_paper_wax_capacitor.htm

I know for sure by first hand experiences in electronics and speaker crossover that nothing beats Teflon, well not even near it. Unfortunatelly is way expensive but I'm looking for my last caps up-grade so one way or the other I must go with the PTFE caps and I will do it step by step due that I'm not a rich man and maybe I be obligated to take one additional step before the Teflon ones and this step could be the Jantzen Amber Z in the tweeter, band-pass and midrange. I need four 4.7uf and two 16.8uf for thopse drivers and following erik advise the CMR for the woofers.

I forgot, the other caps that could interest to me are the Audyn. Any first hand experiences(advise about will be appreciated.

Cu PTFE V-caps are something with all the atributes only the live MUSIC has, there are other Teflon caps that are very good too and all are expensive but worth to have it.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

I
Hey,

I have experience with Audyn True Copper as bypass caps only. As I mentioned, I found that with small CMR caps, they did not improve much, but with larger values they are really something!

Also very expensive comparatively, about 0.1uF goes for $20.
Not nearly as expensive as a Jupiter or Duelund at the same value though.

Be careful though if you are replacing electrolytic caps which go to ground. If you drop the DCR too much you can alter the sound unintentionally,and drop the minimum speaker impedance by a lot!