Types of speakers to create nightclub style sound?

Admittedly, this may come off as an unsophisticated post for audiophiles, but I'm seeking advice nonetheless. 

I have a house with an open floorplan and love entertaining. I'm looking to create the auditory feeling of a high-end nightclub at home, as opposed to having a setup with the goal of creating a single ideal listening point. After traveling to Ibiza and hearing some of the world's best nightclub sound systems I fell in love with how they bathe you in sound. Since I can't fit a Funktion One Dance Stack in my home, I'm curious as to what I should look for in the home audio realm to recreate that feeling of filling a room with powerful sound that isn't super directional. 

With a total initial budget of about 4-6k (1k - 3k for a pair of speakers), what qualities should I begin looking for to create this sort of system? I'm thinking used higher-end speakers might be a better solution. 

I've noticed a few different categories of sorts: some speakers have a single driver with a wide-range, like the Zu Audio Soul, while others have several for different drivers, like B&W 603. I absolutely loved the line-source sound from Martin Logan ESL speakers, but their directionality is exactly the opposite of what I want. Moving 2 feet to the left or right of their line of fire made it sound like the music was coming from the next room over. I live in Los Angeles, so there are plenty of used, good quality, higher-end speakers circulating in the marketplace. Can anybody offer a little guidance to narrow my search for what sort of speakers/amp combination might best accomplish this? 
perplexy
I love this question and I am excited to hear responses from members who have experience with this.

We entertain 4-6 times a year. Nothing huge, 30-60 guests, but dance music and karaoke is always featured and appreciated.

The main area of the house is open, about 50x50,  but segmented just enough that music in the living room makes conversation difficult, but doesn't over power the kitchen, dining, open areas.

The main consideration for me was the ability to put up and tear down, so I just used stuff I had lying around that wasn't being used. 

Kef Q300 speakers, Crown XLS 2502 amp, dac of the day. If I want extra punch I add a Rel sub or a pair of diy subs and another 2502 amp and take advantage of the built in cross-overs. I DIY'd speaker cables so I could make game time decisions on length.

All in with everything this is probably half your budget. I've considered upgrading the speakers but honestly I think I am the only one who would care or notice. And I don't feel the need to protect the speakers from enthusiastic guests. There is plenty of volume, plenty of bass (especially with a sub), midrange and the upper end doesn't run out of juice. 

That's what works for me, and it is easy to pack up and put in storage.

BG
You bet, Look for a pair of used Altec Lansing Model 19's. 100 watt/ch amp will blow your doors off.
Is there a dance floor ? Are you looking to be able to talk over the music ? I would visit Guitar Center on line, and some other places that sell PA and stage speakers. You can get 4 excellent units for less than a pair of used / refurbished  Altec 19s ( and I am a Klipsch owner ), and truly surround the area with sound. Pro gear is so reasonable, compared to home audio.....many PA speakers have built in amplification, so a preamp / mixer will do the job. 
Post removed