Klipsch speaker choices

Hello,
First post here but long time 2 channel guy. 

I currently have a system with Klipsch RF3 speakers and a crossover with stereo subs.  Sound is good but I think the highs and mids are still a bit edgy.  Bought a Schiit Aegir with passive preamp and see vast improvement.  All my interconnects and speaker wire have also been upgraded. I just listened to the RF7 iii but very briefly.  Initial impression is it was more laid back but I am wondering how that speaker sounds vs the Heritage box speakers.  I will probably listen to the Heresy 4 first but wondering if there is a difference in sound between the tower and the box speakers. 

I also have read about the Tekton speakers but am hesitant since I can't listen to them.  It is all over the place opinion wise about the Tektons.  The Klipsch Heresy are within driving distance for an audition.  They will have several models to listen to if I talk myself into going further up the cost ladder.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. 
128x128daledeee1
" If you have the space, forget Klipsch and try the Spatial Audio M5 Sapphire. Even their predecessors, the M4 Turbos, were far more refined than any Klipsch speaker I've heard. If you want Klipsch dynamics without sacrificing refinement, that's the route to go. This is coming from a Heresy III owner. "
  Every once in a while you get to read something so preposterous that you can't help but respond and this quoted comment is one of those. An ahem, "owner" of the bottom entry level Heritage Klipsch speaker says blah blah better than any Klipsch speaker he has heard. One might wonder what he has actually heard that would allow him to make this statement.
" LMAO! Uh, no apparently you haven’t, or your auditory memory failed you miserably in those assessments. Compare a Stirling Broadcast LS3/6, Maggie 0.7, KEF LS50, Vandy 1Ci, or Spatial M4 Turbo S (list goes on) back-to-back with H-IIIs and you’ll realize how colored the Heresy midrange really is. While I agree with Mr. Decibel that there are resonance problems with the horns and cabinets, adding constrained-layer bituminous pads (Dynamat) does little to remedy it IME. I thought I detected some improvement at first (the all too common placebo effect), but careful A/B comparisons with my other speakers revealed that any improvement was minute. The midrange is still polluted with resonances.

I’ll agree with you that Heresy IIIs manage to create that "live" sensation quite well, but I think that’s only because most live performances are amplified through horn-loaded PA speakers.

The ironic thing here is I have no horse in this race. Like you, I enjoy H-IIIs, but unlike you, I don’t consider them end-game speakers, nor do I consider them a great value at MSRP, especially after their recent price hike. If anything, I should be extolling the virtues of H-IIIs in hopes of getting a good price when I eventually sell my pair. But alas, in the interest of the greater good of the hobby, I prefer honesty in sharing my assessments. Again, I never said the H-III is a bad speaker. I consider them great speakers in the context of what they do well, and the price they can be bought for secondhand. "
   Well in further reading I guess what we have here is someone bored and looking to stir the pot.I just love buzz word salad tossed together and served with tender chunks of baloney then presented as authoritative opinion.