Mundorf M-Tube in Tube Amplifier Power Supply

Is anybody have experience using Mundorf M-Tube in tube amplifier power supply?
How do they compared to other capacitors like: ClarityCap  TC600, Audio Note Kaisei, Elna Cerafine?
Regards,
Alex.
alexberger
I have used the Mtube as well as Clarity TCs and Elna’s The clear winner in overall performance are the TC caps. However, they are very large and require a huge chassis. I use the best 4 pole Kelvin style Clarity TC Caps.  They are simply the best cap I have used in my power supplies. Better than any electrolytic I have tried. Far more open, smooth, resolving and dynamic. I have not tried the Kaisei caps however.

The Mtube caps are my second choice thus far. They are not as good as the TCs, but in my experience a jump up in sound quality from Elna, Nichicon etc....
Hi @grannyring ,

Thank you for information.
How can you describe a difference between Mtube and Clarity TC?
Do Clarity TC have a better tone?
Many ears ago I tried to use Solen capacitors in power supply and I don't like synthetic tone of Solens compared to electrolytic capacitors like Nichicon.

Regards,
Alex.  

I never liked the cheaper Solen caps as they sound rough and untidy if you will.  Clarity TCs are more refined and buttoned up then MTube caps. They have more top and bottom end extension and have a sense of ease and control that the Mtube can’t match. 
Thank you!
It looks like I can squeeze 50uF ClarityCap TC600 under the hood of my integrated amplifier.
Regards,
Alex.
Hi @grannyring ,

I installed two ClarityCap TC600 50uF capacitors (one per channel) to 300B B+ of my amplifier.
You can see it in my system pictures.
I didn’t remove old Nichikon capacitors I just put ClarityCap as bypass to Nichikons with 20 Ohm resistor for separation.
The sound (with zero break-in) is listenable, not bad at all.
The sound-stage on complex music is more stable. The instruments separation is better.
In general, amplifier is quitter.
High frequencies more extended, and detailed. Cymbals sound a little bit dirty. But flutes, violins sound more smooth. Bass has a more weight.

How much time takes break-in of ClarityCap TC600 ?

Regards,
Alex.