Is it safe to buy from Audiogon sellers?

Dear audiophiles, 

Is it safe to buy products from audiogon sellers ( person or shop)? I don't want to receive goods contrary to the description on the audiogon web.  Unlike eBay, there seems no guarantee over here? Am I right?  Those who have plenty of buy & sell experience here, pls. kindly give me your advice, My location is fin Far East which is far from U.S.A. Tks.

faust  
faust168
Post removed 
I’m from Singapore (part of Asia) and have bought 2 items here. So far so good compared to some other sites where the seller is overly  enthusiastic in selling me one. Telling me he is a Christian and would never do harm to others  and showing me his passport to prove a point. I’d stay clear from these as well.

its always a risk when buying stuffs over the net. Check the feedbacks looking for “patterns” as well. I notice patterns like it’s usually the same old people who are giving the feedbacks and he has like 20 feedbacks in a single day and none for a week and then another 15 feedbacks in a single day. Kudos to him for building this over a period of 8 months.

And be wary of sellers from China although I’m Asian. Too many knockoffs. Singapore sellers are safe :)

Thank you all for you kind and detail response.  I think I might buy something which need not repair such as cables.   The only thing  I need to concern is the fake items.  I will follow the above advice to be careful for the response or the record from the seller. 
Never a problem purchased multiple speakers amp, pre, phono pre, CD player, turntable, cartridges lps all with great results. I do lots of research first will Google seller to make certain they live where they say, study feedback and pick up goods whenever possible. I've also sold without any problems
I've bought probably a dozen items from Audigon over the past 6 - 8 years and I've never had a bad experience. Some of these were cables and some were expensive components.

Having said that, I check the feedback for sellers carefully and I also correspond a bit with them before I buy. And I use PayPal and a credit card with that as well.

My general rule is that if someone has 0 or little feedback, more than a few % points of (or any) negative feedback, or is out of the country, I don't engage.

My apologies in advance to new sellers...I'll get a bit of a taste of my own approach as I start selling some surplus equipment myself.