Audioquest Niagara vs PS Audio

I was hoping to hear some opinions on power conditioners based on experiences anyone may have had with Audioquest Niagara 1000 or 7000, or others for that matter. I presently run a PS Audio Dectet power center for my system. My system:

Musical Fidelity M6PRX Amp
Audio Research LS27 Pre
BAT VK-P10SE/SP Phono Pre
Rega Saturn CD
Music Hall MMF9.1 Turntable
Denon 103R with Paradox Pulse aluminum body
B&W 803S Speakers
Cardas Power Cords
Zu Bok Power Cords
Kimber KCAG XLR interconnects
REL R528 Sub

I was using the system with the M6PRX and REL connected to the high current outlets on the Dectet and everything sounds very good. The LS27 is just over 200 hours and now everything is sounding nice.

Long story short, I was at my local AR dealer and he loaned me a Audioquest Niagara 1000 for demo. Audioquest claims that a long burn in is not necessary so I did so for only 48 hours. After this I did some A/B comparisons and I was surprised at my findings. I really like Audioquest stuff and I was thinking that this should be a nice upgrade over the Dectet.

I played Rebecca Pidgeon Spanish Harlem off my Chesky Demonstration CD on the Rega Saturn and the slight edge went to the Dectet. Images were better focused and the overall sound was less grainy. This was a close call and I was expecting to like the Audioquest better... Next was the vinyl test. I played some new and older stuff. Edward Sharp- Hot Coals, Steely Dan- I Got The News, Beatles- What goes on. It was on vinyl that the differences were easier to hear. Again, the PS Audio Dectet sounded better to my ears. Better, more stable sound stage out of a cleaner and blacker background. Cymbals had a clearer shimmer lacking through the Niagara 1000, Midrange was less grainy, Bass was cleaner but the overall dynamics were where I really felt that the PS Audio Dectet had the clear advantage.

I went into this thinking that I would be buying the Niagara 1000 and that the A/B test was a formality but I guess I learned better. I was thinking that a power center may be the place to throw some money in an effort to elevate my system but now I am not sure. Opinions? Should I stand pat or try Richard Gray or Shunyata?

I can tell you that for the money the Dectet is the real deal.

pilrem
OP
I have owned (still own not in use) PSaudio P10, a great unit. I have done a direct comparison to the High Fidelity MC 6 Hemisphere about half the price of the P10. Once broken in (long break in) the Hemisphere beat it across the board The only draw back to the MC6 Hemisphere is no spike or surge protection. I have tried them both together and separate. the Hemisphere is just much better sounding once broken in 600 plus hours.
Enjoy Pete

I also own the P10 power plant and am very happy with it. When I owned the Musical Fidelity M6PRX  I found that it did not need power conditioning at least I couldn't hear a difference. The other components should benefit from conditioning. I also found the M6PRX also benefits greatly using balanced cables.

What about the Humm in Niagra 7000. How many people experienced that?
You really think the 2% that audio quest mentions is actually material defect cuz I tell you i think more than 2% of people have dirty power.