What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
I had Lowther Medallion II's with set amps and a sunfire sub. I never thought this system could be betteredbut my Magnepan 3.6r's are much better. Ithink going from horns to a great planar speaker like Martin Logans, Soundlabs or Maggies will do it for you
Consider DIY thats what I did after owning Duo 2.2 built my own horns I admit it was easy for me since its what I do. There are many DIY forums and cabinet plans etc. Find a local cabinet maker if you can not build yourself. Could look about for others projects. For me full horn loading is far better than using ported or sealed bass cabinets but its not cheap or small.
If you liked the sound of the Unos. It's going to be hard to find something that is better. Maybe a Klipschorn if you have the right room. The dynamics of a horn is hard to duplicate in a non-horn system.
If I were you I would look for something like Blumenhofer or classic Tannoy speakers from the Prestige series.