Network Switches

david_ten
I for one appreciate all the insightful answers and I have no need for people telling me that I my personal experiences are wrong. 

I bought, just for fun, a new Ethernet cable and much to my surprise the difference was clear. I do not understand why it is better, but I do know that it is. 
@soix 

Ruckus is one of the best at enterprise and campus level WiFi.  Have you used it in an audio based design?  I have worked with Ruckus gear on large scale projects, but never as an audio solution.  Just curious.
Here is one of the most useful forum threads about this topic.  I only post on Audiogon because there is no way I can keep up with all the forums and websites, but I have found this thread to be very informative:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-a...

It’s good to see more computer/network based audio solutions being discussed here on Audiogon.
It seems that if there is an audio performance benefit from network hardware, that maybe it’s because of “electrical noise” as opposed to “data bits”?  Power supplies seem to make a difference with both analog and digital designs, and most of these “audio grade” switches focus on electrical isolation.  This would explain why fiber and optical connections can benefit some systems.

Maybe instead of counting bits we should evaluate the way power is implemented?

The bits are there, but the power they are riding on could be better?

I think this also applies to USB from a computer to a DAC, which is why I’ve been testing/listening to some USB interfaces for my Apple Mac.  https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/apple-music-mac
Allane: The power is not the data being transmitted. Foolhardy purchase at best, but if your confirmation bias makes it an expensive need, then bully for you.
This is the perfect place for industry professionals to plant the seeds of "need" with buyers. Especially if it is those with a seemingly endless flow of disposable income.It is everywhere on Audiogon.