StereoTimes Interview with Duke LeJeune/Audiokines

I ran across this on the Audiokinesis forum over on Audio Circle. Duke is a regular contributor here on the threads and IMO one of the good guys in our hobby. The article provides some information as to his start in audio and speaker manufacturing, as well as his design philosophy. Overall a nice read.

Congrats Duke, the recognition is well deserved.

http://www.stereotimes.com/comm081710.shtml
clio09
The toe-in that Duke recommends works extremely well to provide both the sense of an extremely wide soundstage and a smoothness to the highs that I've rarely encountered in any dynamic driver.

Duke has stated many times that his inspiration for his speakers was the wonderful SoundLab. I owned the A-1PX previously, and can confirm that he certainly hit his target - with one minor exception. The physical height of my Planetarium Betas is, of course, somewhat less than that of the SoundLabs. As delivered, the illusion of height is not quite the equal of the A-1PX. There is a very simple solution, however. I placed the main speakers on a pair of 4" spiked, extremely dense lyptus wood amp stands that I had available, and was fairly well amazed at the difference they made. Since the main units are only handling frequencies down to about 65 Hz or so, there are no deleterious effects that I can discern. The stands can be seen in my system photos if anyone cares to have a look.

I think it's a shame that Duke's speakers are not more well known amongst the audio press. After 35 years of this mad hobby, I've found few if any products that provide so much value for money.
Equilateral triangle speaker set up is pretty common knowledge among audiophiles,depends on design but works for many loudspeakers. I thought Paul Voight has the 1st to suggest such but not sure.
Johnk, I think we have two separate concepts here. The equilateral triangle you
mention is the relative spacing between the two speakers and the primary
listening seat. And some manufacturers recommend an isosceles triangle.

A separate consideration is the toe-in angle. Some recommend the equilateral
spacing but with the speakers parallel to the front wall and projecting straight
into the room.

As I understand it, Duke recommends significant toe-in with his speakers,
whether or not they are in an equilateral configuration.