NUPRIME EVOLUTION ONE-BEST CLASS D AMP ON THE MARKET

I'm not salesman, just a senior audiophile and I have decided in recent months that I'll never go back to conventional AB
amps since its prehistoric technology going back 50 tears. The subject here is currently the worlds finest Class D amp in its price range and beyond, right behind Patrik Bostroms' massive Class D Marten M amplifier. I wouldn't waste my time with Brunos' Mola Mola Kaluga, since the Nuprime technology is newer and has moved further on. The Evolution One has technology that is a first in the industry. Ten years ago, the real problem with Class D amps and today as well, is that their transistor switching modulators operate at a frequency around 300khz which is to low causing feed back problems to the upper frequency's resulting in cold hard sound from the tweeter. Brunos' Kaluga switches at 500khz which is still not good enough, resulting in the Evoultion One being the only Class D amp in the world to switch modulate at 700khz. Also, the only Class D amp on the market with an input impedance of 1 million ohms. Phew! So the issue of working with different Preamps is redundant and completely irrelevant and will work perfectly with any Preamp on the market, tube or solid state. Their switching amps are custom designed in house and are patented. For those concerned about speaker 2 ohm impedance loads read the recent review in Totally Wired where the Monitor Audio Studio's were used and are 2 ohm loads and the amps ran cool. Also, legendary circuit engineer Demian Martin from Spectral has been an ongoing consultant for the company. 

audiozen
 I’ve never found a “spec wars” type of discussion to be very persuasive as there are always areas where either side can come up short.  It is slightly more meaningful when a number of people... more is better... provide detail on their personal experience with the product as you may see something that applies to your situation. 

From a spec standpoint... here is the evolution one vs the cherry megaschino... scroll down about 1/3 of the page... and to be clear, although I am a cherry fan... these specs tell you nothing about how either amp will sound in our home systems... only trying them will. 

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=161765.0

I checked the specs. The Cherry amps are powerful and I've been aware of the company for many years, and six years ago I spoke to the owner, forgot his name, but I must say he is first class. Very positive friendly attitude and I sensed he really cares about performance value first over high profits. Again, what surprised me about Demian Martin, of all people, to be a co-designer of a Class D amp, and that his reputation back in the 80's and 90's for designing some of the best solid state Class A amps
on the planet, would even think of getting involved in Class D, is a sign that the tide has turned big time, and does not surprise me at all that Totally Wired described the Evolution One sound quality equal to the best
Class A amps with a liquid smooth mid-range of tube amps. Demians' magic touch.
George has already pointed out the Technics SE-R1 switches at 1.5 millionHz over double the Nuprime but after comparing both pieces, the Nuprime is a superior design with higher power output and far more efficient and runs cool. I thought Class D has evolved to the point where heavy amps are a thing of the past. So Technics puts out a Class D amp that weighs 119 lbs., runs hot with three heat sinks and four vents on top.

These are why what you call disadvantages, are really advantages with the SE-R1

The SE-R1 runs luke-warm (not hot) because of the 1.5mhz switching frequency speed, which the advantages have been told here many times.
It needs these 2 small heatsinks, which EPC the inventors of GaN power transistors says it needs if the extra sound quality is wanted from GaN with the superior higher 1.5mhz switching speed.
Also another 3rd heatsink is used for the "regulated" rails of the power supply,

I weighs that 119lbs because it uses 2 x big linear power supplies, far better than any switch mode (smp) stuff.

This is why, it’s more into the future than what your spruiking.

BTW It’s not hard to sound better than the Nuforce 9se’s V1 V2 or V3

Cheers George
I believe there is room for all these topologies. class d is the relatively new kid on the block. They are obviously getting better and better.  I'm am not knowledgeable on class d,so forgive me if I sound nieve. Are class D amps trying to mimic the class A sound?
@rocray

It might be more accurate to say that no matter which topology, the final sound is based on the ear and the voicing of the designer.  Here is an interesting comparison of one of the Pass Labs amps with one of the Cherry amps.... and, I for one feel that the preamp-amp-speaker synergy is critical.  A great amp may still not be “your” cup of tea in your specific system. 

https://hometheaterreview.com/digital-amplifier-company-megaschino-power-amplifier-reviewed/