Something For The Fuse Guys ...

There are fuses, and then, there are fuses. 

I'm evaluating some prototype fuses that I received in the mail three days ago. 

Over the past few years, I've used fuses from five different manufacturers. The last three were the Red, Black and Blue fuses from Synergistic Research. Each one incrementally improved the sound of my system. My favorite so far was the SR Blue. 

The prototype fuses being evaluated presently raises the SQ beyond all of the others mentioned above. The major improvement to my ears is better tonal accuracy. Instruments and voices are more life-like. The noise is reduced allowing for a more solid 3-D presentation with the musicians more solidly presented on the sound stage. Overall, more information is fleshed out of CDs and LPs. 

The manufacturer, the price and the name of the prototype fuses will come later. I don't have the information thus far. My understanding is, if all works out, the release date is to be mid-October. 

Stay tuned ... 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
For anyone that hasn’t been keeping up: Someone wondered whether amplifier manufacturers were aware of audiophile fuses. It took only three positive responses, for a naysayer to lose their mind. They can’t even seem to recall what THEY posted. Hilarious and tragic, at the same time!
btw, Georgie- Anyone that looks at my post history, will find the vast majority are an effort to encourage others to experiment for themselves.    Well; that and they’ll realize, how full of ..it, you are.       ie: "Wow!!! just looked at your history, out of 8 pages of post, possibly 6 pages of which are on the Synergistic Research fuses, others are on other voodoo SR gadgets." ??    You’re a real case(SEEK HELP)!!!
^^^

Georgie-Porgie has one major flaw ... its called "lack of credibility." He constantly accuses me, and others, of being a "shill" for SR, and as of this date, he has not responded, nor even acknowledged the post I made earlier in this thread:

georgehifi ...

If you were to become a more astute observer, and stow your animosity for a time, you would know that I have started threads on a multitude of products. Did you read my threads on Audio Research products? How about Herbie’s products, or Perfect Path Technologies products? Have you taken advantage of any of the multitude of music recommendations I’ve offered on this site over the years, George?

Why the silence, George? Why are you continuing to spew negativity all over the path you walk? Turn the telescope around, George. Try to be a more positive individual, George. (Sheesh!)

Cheers ....

Frank
I had some Odyssey Kismet monoblocks at one time that Klaus built for me and I asked him about aftermarket fuses and he said some make a positive sound difference and some don’t. I told him I was interested in trying some SR and AM fuses and he said to go for it and see if I like it so at least he had an open mind about it. I replaced all the fuses on the board as well as at the iec with SR Black and it indeed made a positive difference.
Oregonpapa is right...he's also a shill for Perfect Path as well as SR. And by "shill" I point to endless hyperbole regarding these products, with far less of that shameless support aimed at Herbie's and ARC. Not even close...posting paragraph after paragraph claiming astonishing benefits from SR's "fuse of the week" that will, if you believe this hype, utterly transform your system...with the possible caveat that you're either too insensitive to notice these astonishing benefits, or the resolution of your sadly poor little system is lacking somehow. All nonsense with expectation bias driving new users to the fraudulently misrepresented Magic Fuses, and allowing old users to come in and claim to be on board with any new fuse simply because they're part of the club. Again, fuses won't and simply don't make any tonal differences appear from their otherwise simple place in the component, and that fact never changes.