sellers trying to sell used product for 10-20% off of list price

I don’t get it. Almost any item here can be bought brand new from a dealer with a full warranty for 20% off - virtually any and all high end product. Some can be bought for close to 30% percent off. Sellers trying to sell year old product for 20% off are delusional, perhaps hoping for someone to naively buy it at their price but I doubt it happens. If the product isn’t in the range of 40-50% off of MSRP I'm not sure why anyone would buy it as often the warranty doesn’t transfer. Factor in sellers asking for 5-6% extra for Paypal plus shipping charges and even a 30% percent discount really is more like 15% off of list- a non starter. Am I the only one doing this math  ?  I can buy brand new at 25-30% with no extra charge for using paypal or my credit card and minimal shipping. Asking for a friend lol.
128x128cowan217
There is a online audio vendor trying to sell a McIntosh MR85 Tuner in a wood case for $2500.00!  That price is retail not including the $400.00 wood case.  I bought one 2 years ago from Audio Classics in minty condition for $825.00!  This is from the same vendor that has blocked me.  
Sorry to disappoint, but the current market asking price and closed auction/sale price for an MR-85 mac tuner, does indeed support his pricing, which is right in the middle. Not high, not low, but right in the middle.

@teo-audio...…………….

Then I got one hell of a bargain!  It is a decent tuner but no where as good as my MR88..  I replaced a Magnum Dynalab MD90 and Signal Sleuth with the MR85.  The MR 85 doesn't sound quite as good,  but close to the Magnum combo.  I only bought it to match the rest of the McIntosh stack in my other system.  I guess I should call Mike Sastra @ AC and thank him for such a great deal!

I stand corrected from my above post.  Never in a million years would I have thought that tuner is still worth that kind of money.
you got a great deal...tuner prices are quite variable these days, so nothing to lose by asking high price but accepting offers...having a Don Scott modified MR-74 I've mostly lost track of the tuner market, and am sometimes shocked at both the high and low prices the classics sell for...