New Preamp arrived....

So a few short hours ago my Quicksilver Line Stage Preamp arrived. It will be replacing a Schiit SYS passive that was bought to be able to implement the first piece of the puzzle, the power amp, and be able to sell my cheapo integrated.

its been 20 months since the power amp arrived so today was super exciting.
I hook it all up (and reverse the speaker connections as it says it inverts phase) and...

Well its every bit as clean and clear as the Schiit. Bass is a little better. The volume knob can actually be turned further to get as loud as the Schiit which was surprising. The treble has some sizzle on the very top end which I’m assuming will work itself out over time. Not much different in the bass department.

My fear going in was it’d sound the same which would add a heavy dose of buyer’s remorse ($1300 vs $50). It’s got the stock JJ 12AT7 tubes and I have a pair of NOS RCA black plates coming next week.

So what kinds of things can I expect for the first few days/weeks?
gochurchgo
"Thousands of dollars to turn up and down the volume is pretty crazy". Yea that would be if that's all it did.
Post removed 
I bought a used Quicksilver preamp years ago, SN 0005. This was my first try at anything with tubes in it. It replaced and Adcom preamp. I was blown away by how much more I heard from the Quickie. 
I think speakers and tubes more than anything else take time to break in. I'd say give it some time and try to relax when listening. Can't hear right when your butt cheeks are clenched too tight worrying that you wasted all that cash :)
"Thousands of dollars to turn up and down the volume is pretty crazy".
Yep, and going direct is even better again. If you don’t like it, you don’t like your source.

Yea that would be if that’s all it did.
Unless you want to add coloration/distortions with an active pre.

Cheers George
@sebrof  hahaha I do clench very hard unfortunately. I’m strung right like Cameron from Ferris Bueller.