I'm looking to learn about Air Motion Transformer technology

I'm curious about Wharfedale's use of Air Motion Transformers in their new Elysian line.  See http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/elysian4/

I'm admittedly in the dark about this technology even though other manufacturers have used it.  I'm curious about its use, potential benefits, sound signature, etc.
128x128jbhiller
Yeah, if you ignore the shape, material, impedance. flow of current, source of opposing force and radiation pattern, I guess you are right, it’s a ribbon.

Ok the shape of material? AMT is folded. Impedance on  both are quite flat. Flow of current varies by the source of opposing force on both, we call these magnets. Radiation patterns are effected on both by mouth shape, horn load felting etc.  Don't let some cute answer fool you. Heil himself on occasion called his original AMT a ribbon dirivative. I own heil, and mundorf amts as well as fountek ribbons right now. 
Impedance on both are quite flat.

If you need to clutch at the shape of the impedance curve to call it a ribbon, while ignoring the impedance magnitude of the driver, and the transformer a true ribbon needs to be usable, and every other detail of the driver construction to be happy, please do.

Also, it’s "derivative", not "dirivative."
Arion, I just came from your web site and I really like a lot of what you are doing. Using the Trinnov for bass management duties is brilliant. I would never use an analog crossover in this position. Crossing at 120 Hz is also great. I cross at 125 Hz from ESL line source speakers to subs. IMHO people tend to cross too low were there are a lot of room problems which makes integration difficult. What I would like to see is Apollo 14's supplied with 4 sub woofers. The Apollo 12 is not quite tall enough to act as a line source down to 100 Hz where it still probably has significant output. So, as you move away from the speaker the mid bass will fall off. Two subs can only act as a point source so the low bass will also drop off as you move away from the speakers. You would need at least 4 sub woofers to create a linear array and balance the output.
With that efficiency rating you should be able to replicate a jet aircraft with 100 watts! I would love to hear them.

Mike