Time to buy a class D amp?

Will some new class D amplifiers outperforming the current ones appear soon

(the newest ones i know were released a  few years ago)?

Class D amps attract me as I consider them the most ecological ones with obvious non-auditionable benefits.

I have no doubts that they posses the maximum ratio performance/sound quality among the amplifiers of all classes.

At the same time, the sound quality the class D amplifiers that I have auditioned produce, although is quite good,

but not yet ideal (for my taste).

I use PS Audio Stellar S300 amp with PS audio Gain Cell pre/DAC with Thiel CS 3.6 speakers in one of my systems.

The sound is ok (deep bass, clear soundstage) but not perfect (a bit bright and somehow dry, lacking warmness which might be more or less ok for rock but not for jazz music).

I wonder if there are softer sounding class D amps with the same or better details and resolution. Considering two reasonable (as to the budget) choices for test, Red Dragon S500 and Digital Audio Company's

Cherry  2 (or Maraschino monoblocks), did anybody compare these two?

128x128niodari
"try an ICEpower based model": The PS Audio Stellar amps are based upon ICEpower already and he mentioned they are a bit bright to him. When I tested them I didn't find them bright and performed quit well. I eventually went with D-Sonic as I found a better balanced amp with the right amount of low and high.

Could always look to inject a tube into the line with the likes of Schiit Freya+. You can by-pass, differential, or light up the tubes and have three types of sound. 

Good luck with your search.
Hi schwos

I don't know what PS Audio is doing, but my experience with ICEpower was that they weren't bright, they were warm.

As you may know, these modules, like Hypex, allow a lot of customization in the front end. I was listening with stock modules.
Best,
Erik
Class D , is to clinical , it is detailfull , but you can’t “ feel” the music. You listen to the speakers. Class A gives you a warm sound.:you experience the music. You feel you more connected. A good example :Ear amps.
Best I ever heared.
Post removed 
I have a Modwright tube preamp and Bel Canto amp----great sound, excellent synergy. Definitely check out Bel Canto. Good luck!