Time to buy a class D amp?

Will some new class D amplifiers outperforming the current ones appear soon

(the newest ones i know were released a  few years ago)?

Class D amps attract me as I consider them the most ecological ones with obvious non-auditionable benefits.

I have no doubts that they posses the maximum ratio performance/sound quality among the amplifiers of all classes.

At the same time, the sound quality the class D amplifiers that I have auditioned produce, although is quite good,

but not yet ideal (for my taste).

I use PS Audio Stellar S300 amp with PS audio Gain Cell pre/DAC with Thiel CS 3.6 speakers in one of my systems.

The sound is ok (deep bass, clear soundstage) but not perfect (a bit bright and somehow dry, lacking warmness which might be more or less ok for rock but not for jazz music).

I wonder if there are softer sounding class D amps with the same or better details and resolution. Considering two reasonable (as to the budget) choices for test, Red Dragon S500 and Digital Audio Company's

Cherry  2 (or Maraschino monoblocks), did anybody compare these two?

128x128niodari
"Sorry for the blatant advertisement, but it is class D at it's best."                                                                                                                                      And quite possibly its most expensive.
The Rogue Hydra and Medusa are Class D.  With the stock JJs it is slightly bright.  Roll in a pair of NOS Mullard Long Plates and you will have a neutral to warm Class D.  

I have had the Hydra for years and it is a spectacular Class D.  It has taken a back seat to my Art Audio gear (I am importer for Art Audio) but still keep the Rogue because it is relatively small, energy efficient and I use it as a check in speaker design to ensure my speakers work well with neutral to slightly forward amps.  
I have a pair of NOS Cifte tubes which make the Rogue a hair forward but deliver an amazing soundstage.  Mullards are what you need with it.  
The Hydra does require a bit of care in pairing with a preamp.  I can’t speak about the Stellar but I did have it paired with the BHK signature preamp and the match was pretty excellent.  
I have no relationship with Rogue or PS Audio.  

I think its a matter of gear combination and synergy. 

Ive had SS and tube class A (last one with 300B tubes) and now I have the Nord Acoustics NC500DM class D amp with Rev D boards and Sparkos Op Amps and I prefer it over all of my previous amps. Its cristal clear, with amazing dynamics, incredible soundstage and neutral tone. My previous class A amps sounded "dirtier" to me. 

I think that when you have a considerable transparent amp (as speakers), it will show the flaws of your source. The more I improved the quality of the source (AC Power, digital signal processing, cables, DAC, etc) the warmer the amp got.

I've heard +100k systems with class A and AB systems that, to me, sounded harsher (and worse) than my current around 20k system.
"try an ICEpower based model": The PS Audio Stellar amps are based upon ICEpower already and he mentioned they are a bit bright to him. When I tested them I didn't find them bright and performed quit well. I eventually went with D-Sonic as I found a better balanced amp with the right amount of low and high.

Could always look to inject a tube into the line with the likes of Schiit Freya+. You can by-pass, differential, or light up the tubes and have three types of sound. 

Good luck with your search.
Hi schwos

I don't know what PS Audio is doing, but my experience with ICEpower was that they weren't bright, they were warm.

As you may know, these modules, like Hypex, allow a lot of customization in the front end. I was listening with stock modules.
Best,
Erik