Anti-Skate

I run a Lyra Delos cartridge in an Alphason HR-100S tonearm atop a SOTA Sapphire turntable. Everything is leveled to the limits of my skill & eyesight with a couple small circular bubble levels.

Anyway, I’d noticed for a while that when I play a record the cantilever would angle slightly toward the record’s center. When I’d lift the needle, the cantilever would instantly go back to straight ahead. Inspired by my re-discovery of the Audiogon website I turned the lights up, grabbed a pair of tweezers and carefully relocated the Alphason’s anti-skate weight’s little hangman’s noose so that I got a bit more anti-skate force. Lo and behold, the cantilever no longer shifts right. And maybe I’m imagining it, but my ears tell me the sound stage is a little more precise and the sound is a bit more relaxed. I’ll let the psychologists and behaviorists weigh in.
edcyn
almarg -- I essentially did what you suggested no matter how verkochte my reasoning might have been. mijostyn -- I don’t think the cartridge ever mistracked for me, in any case. And I know what mistracking is, having spent plenty of days with a Denon 103 S on a mismatched, mediocre tonearm.
Like I said edcyn, it will track better. Better than it is now. Whatever now is. Your Denon was an extreme case.
OP:
when I play a record the cantilever would angle slightly toward the record’s center.

OP (same one!):
Lo and behold, the cantilever no longer shifts right.
So which was it? Was it shifted toward the records center- ie to the left- or was it shifted to the right- away from center???