Matching Gear matter to you?

So I had a plan to to go with a single manufacturer for my power amp, line stage and phono preamp. It soothes my OCD but also looks sexy as hell in addition to component synergy. 
That said it was brought to my attention that a different manufacturer has a better component which is also less expensive. My first thought is better and cheaper = do it do it.

Am I crazy? (Probably)

Is my OCD holding me back?
gochurchgo
I am going to take the plunge on the Quicksilver. My first piece of tube gear and only the 2nd major piece to the system (its been 2 years since the last piece).

It runs 12AT7 tubes, not sure what comes with it but it'll be down the rabbit hole on tubes soon.
I would suggest that the preamplifier and amplifier(s) come from the same manufacturer. In my opinion the other pieces can picked based on your preferred sound and features. Rarely will one company make all types of products that you will prefer.
 I have a tubed preamp and solid state monoboc amps (Concert Fidelity) and different brand DAC (Metrum Pavane), server (Aurender), phono amp (Audio Research). They sound great together. In my opinion part of the fun of the hobby is to find products that synergize with your other products and make you feel good.
I'm going to cover all of my gear with Astro Turf to see if I prefer "matched" components...I'll be reporting back.