Speaker kits recomendations Maybe Horn TL hybrid lets talk speaker kits

After reading many threads on speaker building ( you guys sparked my interest thanks) I'm interested in putting together my own speakers for a second system. this is for pure fun and saving money is nice as well.

I do not have full wood working facility's so it will have to be a flat pack type of build. Pre cut cabinets may be the ticket, as I am not a wood worker by trade  ( Aircraft Tech, Electro Mechanical, minor in Electronics and Engineering are my background ) but I do have access to a wood working shop co-op on the military base for finishing. 

I've been reading the various speaker kit makers, Fugalhorn, Moral audio, Madison sound, part connexion, fostex, ect. so I'm familiar with some of the main sites. Are there kits I'm missing? What do people recommend for kit manufacturers? Obviously I need to decide on a design I'm trending to a Horn-TL hybrid but I'm very open to suggestions.  I own MTM's as my main speaker so I'm aware of what that design can do as well as most 2 way designs I think I'm looking for something different though. preferably higher up on the efficiency scale as I'd like the option to use lower powered amps but not necessarily a must. I'd even consider powered speakers. 

Do you know of a good horn loaded kit? Horn TL hybrid kit? or do you have something totally different that may spark my interest. Subwofer is something i'll do next I think we will see. 

This is a fun project for me but still wanting good sound from the finished product. Cost is not really a consideration I'd tend to spend a little more for better quality parts but I'm open as this is my first build. lets keep it under $2k but in no way do I need to spend that, couple hundred is fine for a good end result too. I know first time I should buy cheep but then I'll have a speaker I wont use so may as well take my time and do something worth having in the end. 

I'm open to suggestion if I'm thinking down the wrong path. 

Glen 
128x128glennewdick
For horns, check out Great Plains.

Otherwise the usual places are Solen, Meniscus, Madisound and Parts Express.

Lots of waveguide fans too, not quite horns, cheaper and easier to assemble.
Thanks Erik, 

never thought of wave guide speakers not sure if I've ever heard any before.
So, I just ripped apart a pair of Electrovoice Wolverine speakers.  The cabinets were beat.  Horn tweeter and horn mids are great and the same that you would find in a pair of Aristocrats.  I have the crossovers but think that you would be better served to build new crossovers.  The woofers work but need reconed.
If you want a horn/high efficiency project these drivers would be a great start.  I just want them to go to a good home.  Price would be cheap.  Shipping from 15208.
Email for pics and details  emfoods @ yahoo.com