Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I played around with test tones on my 3.7s and heard some mild vibration in the crossover.  Something is resonating down there but I've never heard it with anything other than the test tone cd so I don't worry about it.  Test tones can do funny things.  When I bought a big sub and was running frequency sweeps I heard a loud weird sound upstairs that scared me.  Turned out the pan in the oven was going crazy with a particular frequency played loudly by the sub.  Never noticed that with anything other than test tones either.  All sorts of stuff can start resonating with a continuous signal at a particular frequency.  Since music doesn't normally contain long continuous single frequency notes like that you'll likely never excite those resonances to near the degree you can with tones.
agree with jon.

Test tomes resulted in weird noises, both earlier 3.5s and now the 2.7s. 
Thank you jon-5912 and brayeagle 

I feel relieved and I to have only heard it with the test CD .

I'll be running it again next week when I replace 
the recitifiers on the amp that are faster and have a softer recovery  .

1:04 on the Ayre IBE long glide tone is ~28 Hz. Charles Hansen posted the formula on audioasylum.

What caps did you replace? In the 2.7s?
Wow Thanks beetlemania

None yet , that project will begin right after New Year .
Still working on the amp , 32 caps and 3 resistors 
with 2 resistors and 4 recitifiers going in next week end 
leaving just 10 more caps and 8 resistors to go .
I doing this in small groups to see how they affect the sound 
and control any problems .
I've been using Hovland and Nichicon caps 
but for the speakers I think I'll use Jupitor CU caps .