...amazed by 15+ year old interconnect...

Hello to all...

Wanted to experiment with my stereo - (IMHO) improve the sound , more towards elements I heard from an audiophile friends' system: dug around in my closet and pulled out a 1 meter pair of HARMONIC TECHNOLOGIES PRO-SILWAY MK III (which was part of an equipment buy about 5 years ago), and replaced the Stager Silver interconnects from my Marantz SACD SA-8001 into my JOB INT integrated amp. Let it play low 24 hr/day for 7 days and then for about 21 days (still at 24hr/day) med volume during the day and low overnight - and am now thoroughly amazed at the change (positive in my  estimation) in so many aspects of the musics' presentationthru my system.

This leads me to question who else is using 'older' interconnects and/or speaker cables (meaning 15+ years old) and how they rate in comparison "... to new and of course better constructions and technologies..."

Also: do cables " burn out" or lose their effacicy to perform over time?

Looking forward to real life experiences being shared... Thanks!
insearchofprat
Hi Geoffkait, All my cables have been cryoed, and burned in on a cable cooker.
TISH
@insearchofprat You may be looking at the new price of the Mk 3 version (or whatever version they’re up to). Decades ago, used, they were quite approachable. They’re the model with the white woven silk covering. If I do experiment with anything else, it’ll probably be the Triode Wire Labs Spirit II’s.

BTW, it was Arnie of Accutronics in Ann Arbor who sold me to me.  He was running a used component operation out of the basement of his store, listing on eBay.  Shortly thereafter, he went on to found Audiogon.
Lov my Tara Labs Decade and Generation II ICs !! Also switch in my Kimber AG's when i want more sizzle
The OP did ask a question that I don’t think has been answered.  If you stop using an IC, speaker wire or PC, for a long period of time will it need burned in again when later used again?

Just curious.

JD