Goldring - Audio Note - Roksan ?

I am looking to replace my Grado reference master cartridge that has an output of 5mV 
with one with that has a higher output , contrary to the direction of most cartridge makers .
I am using a passive preamp , so maybe I'm being stuborn with my less ( electronics )  is more ,
at the same time I am trying to increase the output voltage of my Tavish Designs Adagio phono amp .
Goldring , Audio Note and Roskan all have an output of 6.5mVs , I've read where the A N is built by Goldring 
and it looks like the Roskan is also .
Has anybody had experience , thoughts or opinons with any of these ?
Thanks
128x128vair68robert
You need an active preamp to add gain. Otherwise you will be spinnin' your wheels trying to get higher volume with the speakers that you are using!
Thank You yeti42

My amps impedance is 100k ( standard or most common ? ) .

I looked up chakstr's phono stage , using rca outputs it's output voltage is fixed at 1V , balanced is 4V ! 
My phono stage output is only .8V .

I've discovered that Goldring makes the AudioNote cartridges 
and that Decca/London cartridges putout 6.5mVs .

Still kicking things around .

Rob

yogiboy

I am not looking for higher volume ,
but more reserve when bass pushes the speakers down to 2 ohms .

Rob
If your amp has an input sensitivity of 2 volts you need a preamp with 2 volts or more to drive the amp to full power. You will never do that with a phono preamp with a .8 volt output. Like I said, you need an active line stage to drive your power amp! Or a phono preamp that has a 2 volt or more output!
yogiboy
Thank you and I agree with you kind of ,
a new/different amp with  1V input sensitivity would be the direction
that I would go , but for now a higher output from the cartridge is the most economical way to go .
Interestingly my CD player has about a 2.3V output and yet 
on the 24 step attenuator with 2db per step  the CD is set at 10
and the TT is at 14 during normal listening !
I am very curious to hear what increasing the cartridge voltage output
by 20% .
Interestly the  Goldring 1042 stylus has the same diamond cut as 
Clearaudio's top of the line MM .