Abbey Road 50th Anniversary

I’ve been listening to the 50th Anniversary of “Abbey Road” by The Beatles all morning....what fun!  The new mix is well done.  It’s warm and spacious.

I understand The Beatles albums are sacred for some.  I’ve enjoyed most of the remastered and reissued albums over the years.  This new “Abbey Road” release definitely sounds different, and after a few plays I put on the original pressing and the 2009 remastered version for comparison.  I prefer the cleaner, sweeter sonics of the newer versions.

I like the extra instrumentations, orchestrations and outtakes.  The new packaging and materials are wonderful.  The books, photos and sleeves are tastefully laid out with a high quality presentation.

What do you think of this iconic masterpiece?  What is your favorite pressing/version of “Abbey Road”?

“....and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make....”

128x128allane
@alexberger, yes the 2009 CD remasters left an awful lot to be desired. The stereos were just wrong.

The tweaked versions in the 2014 US box might be the best the Fab 4 sound on CD. 

One day someone will finally capture the analogue magic and get the digital transfers right. But it won't be Giles - seems as if it's beyond him.

He's the remix cash king.
I have the Japanese Toshiba Pro Use on vinyl and that will be good enough for me. No OBI and the jacket is probably VG+ but the vinyl is essentially mint.

I like the record but it is not a desert island piece for me. But still nice to listen to every once in a while.
I downloaded from Hdtracks....am listening for the second time...easily one of the best quality recordings I own...Come Together, which is one of my favorite Beatles songs, is just fantastic...bass is just amazing...great remix...I also own the hdtracks White Album and Sgt Peppers...all of them are very well done...totally worth every penny
I finally got around to listening to this last night.  I really like it.  I particularly enjoy the more water like clarity of vocals and the instruments sound more defined in parts.  The drums/bass rhythm section is more prominent in the mix.  

I'm in the camp that thinks Giles has done great work. To my ears, his White Album work is an improvement. Wasn't the original White Album mixed to narrow tape, reducing its bandwidth and the reason for the remaster was to pull the tracks in full analog to digital first to get around this issue? 
This is the best I've ever heard the Beatles. Drums have more impact and way better sound stage and imaging. Well done remastering studio!