So many great golden era DD tables out there, what do you recommend for $1000?

Pretty much as the title says.
Have been looking for a while for a decent DD table to add to my lot.
Have bought a few lower end ones and ultimately been dissapointed.
Now I know there were/ are literally hundreds of choices from the Japanese Golden era of DD tables.
Looking for suggestions from actual owners of solid DD tables up to about $1000 .
I have read and read but nothing substitutes for real experience.
This would likely not be my primary table, my Garrard 401 has that position for now.

Thank you.
128x128uberwaltz
I assume the main difference between the qla7 and ql7 is just that one is auto the other is manual.
I think you assume correctly Uber.
My son loves the feature on his QL-A7 which at the end of each record, lifts the tonearm and stops the platter.
It doesn't return the arm to rest so there's no real complications to go wrong....😃
Hi uberwaltz,

I have a Pioneer QUARTZ PLL Electronic Full Automatic PL-630 DD turntable and I upgraded the headshell wires with ortofon LW-7N headshell wires.

I also upgraded the tonearm wire with CARDAS tonearm wire and the RCA turntable cables with KAB/CARDAS Spiral Air Litz cable with ETI RCA connectors.

This thing is built like a tank at 27 pounds and in mint condition and is very quiet when playing lp’s or 45’s. I’ve been meaning to put it up for sale for about 4 months now but just haven’t got around to it yet.

Here is a link: http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-PL-630.html 

And on ebay I have almost 100 positive reviews with no negative reviews. See 2005tyray

This guy always has a few nice DD tables. He always recaps them and goes over all the electronics so you get a nice machine. Worth checking him out.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRwg7OGjAQM
Thanks, Halcro, for chiming in with your opinion on the TT81 vs TT101. I really like my TT101, but I have no way to know how the two compare.

Uber, After deciding at one point to sell the DP80, because I wasn't using it (and because who needs 5 turntables?), and then not being able to get much money for it, I just recently put it back into operation.  I was not as fond of the DK300 plinth as Chak apparently is, so I replaced it with a 65-lb slate slab, and I mounted a Triplanar on the slab to work with the DP80.  (Mine came with a DA307 tonearm, which is sitting in a shoebox somewhere.) I recently put the DP80 ensemble back into regular use for MM cartridges (or other high output types).  So now I am back up to 3 turntables feeding my upstairs system.  And 2 for the basement system.  I know this is nuts, and I fear for my heirs who will not even know how to run all the equipment.  One problem that arises is I cannot keep 5 cartridges happy; they like to be used often to sound best.
A comment on the "bi-directional servo":  The TT101 (and the TT81, if Halcro says so) certainly have exceptional speed control, but when JP Jones eventually fixed my TT101 and got it working, his comments on the "bi-directional"-ness of the servo were of a skeptical nature, if I recall correctly.  (One would think that the term indicates the platter is not only speeded up, if too slow, but also retarded, if its running too fast.  Not sure that really happens.) I cannot recall the specifics; maybe JP will comment if he is around.  Anyway, it doesn't matter, because the point is that the system works superbly although very electrically complex.