Vandersteen 1 in the nearfield, for rock music?

Are these speakers good for rock music in a small bedroom listening in the nearfield?

I currently have a pair of PSB Stratus Mini's and am looking for something similiar but with smoother treble and more bass.
dave123456
great score, I would buy 1C all day every day at that price. PLEASE do yourself a favor and download the excellent manual and READ the part about two way duty cycle, amplifier needs and clipping. You can kill ANY speaker w inappropriate use. What amp are you using ?
have fun, very, very musical speaker, especially in smaller rooms.
Amazing deal.  Make sure you get the tilt correct, but fabulous speakers and are easy to power.  Enjoy.  

I may have to give these speakers some more time to grow on me. Right now, they don't sound as good as my Tekton Lore's in my big room, or as good as my Dynaudio Audience 42's in my small bedroom. The Vandersteens tweeter sounds etched to me, and the overall sound kind of muffled. To me it sounds like the frame of the speaker is adding resonance. They do sound like good speakers overall but maybe I need more time with them or just not for me.
@dave123456 ,
Given what you have just reported, can we get a list of your equipment?
I won't say Vandy's are for everyone, but when someone posts their speakers sounding 'muffled, and etched', I have to think something upstream is at fault- unless the speakers were damaged.*

*Remember, we are here to help, as well as Mr. V.
If you think the speakers have an issue, just leave a telephone message and he will call you back in a day or so. Also, PM John Rutan (audioconnection), he knows these speakers inside/out.

BTW, nice catch on the Vandy's!
Bob

Ok, I got them to sound better by repositioning them slightly and also by lowering the treble. I still think the tweeter in my Dynaudio 42's sound better, but the 1c no longer sounds etched to me. Does anyone know the thread size on the bottom of the Sound Anchor stands for spikes? Right now they just have felt pads on the bottom. I sit fairly close and from I've read the closer u are the greater the tilt should be.