Abbey Road 50th Anniversary

I’ve been listening to the 50th Anniversary of “Abbey Road” by The Beatles all morning....what fun!  The new mix is well done.  It’s warm and spacious.

I understand The Beatles albums are sacred for some.  I’ve enjoyed most of the remastered and reissued albums over the years.  This new “Abbey Road” release definitely sounds different, and after a few plays I put on the original pressing and the 2009 remastered version for comparison.  I prefer the cleaner, sweeter sonics of the newer versions.

I like the extra instrumentations, orchestrations and outtakes.  The new packaging and materials are wonderful.  The books, photos and sleeves are tastefully laid out with a high quality presentation.

What do you think of this iconic masterpiece?  What is your favorite pressing/version of “Abbey Road”?

“....and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make....”

128x128allane
I'm playing the CD extra tracks first before moving on to the remix.
Nothing special on disc 2 but I've yet to hear disc 3.

My biggest gripe with the GM remixes is that whilst it's absolutely brilliant to get back to the freshness of the original session tapes why would you want to compress the actual album.
SHEER GREED?

I refuse to pay extra for the uncompressed Blu-ray but by most accounts the audio is markedly better.

I've only listened to the Tidal MQA version and think it's wonderful. I'm constantly amazed how digital playback has improved in just the last 5 years. I still have memories of the original CD players back in the 80's.
I listened to the vinyl tonight with a friend. We both thought it was amazing. For whatever that's worth. I'm pretty sure he was leaking at the end of side two. Or he had something in his eyes.