Rel "legacy" subs and fixing the amplifiers.

I have a REL Stadium 3 sub and it hums (60hz) when powered on with NOTHING attached to it.  I took out the amp and could see nothing obviously wrong and went on line for some information.  Called about a local tech who I trust taking a look.  It is a pretty simple amp,  Was told that REL does not provide schematics so he wasn't sure about fixing it.  So I called REL in CA and was told that REL no longer supports "legacy" models.  REL was at one time a high end company that made good/very good stuff and provided excellent service.  WTF?  I have been all over the web and have yet to find a way to get my amp fixed.  I like the Stadium 3 and especially the wood cabinet and want to keep it going.  REL offers sum small $ towards a new REL but why would I want another REL?  The amp is a single board and probably needs the filter capacitors changed out (several sources on the web).  Can anyone help?  Has REL gone the way of Bose which I am told doesn't service earlier models?  Let this also serve as a warning about buying an older REL that no one seems able to fix.  I now look at my REL G-1 and see it as a disaster in the making.  
kkurtis
I went through the exact same situation with my REL.  REL service is no help, unfortunately.  My solution, that I am quite happy with and with sound quality that is as good or better:  The REL plate amplifier is easily removed and the box remains sealed allowing easy access to the connection to the woofer for use of:  

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sa230-230w-subwoofer-amplifier--300-813
Contact Gary at The Audio Wizard here in Scottsdale Az @ 480-946-7164. 

He repaired my Stentor amp as well as another guys Stadium amp with no issues.  I believe he has the schematics for this family of amps and I even lent him my Stadium III amp for a while to model and take measurements for his notes. 

He's usually 2-3 months behind, but he does offer expedited service for an additional fee. 

I just had him repair my Denon POA-1500 as well and it's as good as new. 
E-mail EBC Electronics in NJ....  they specialize in sub amps.   They repaired my dad's HGS 10 amp, quick turn around and very reasonable....  sub has been rocking again for three years now
I was told by REL they won't fix my older model subs (which are working fine) which simply means I'll be having nothing to do with their new products...nice marketing there REL!