What just happened to accepting Paypal?? looks like they are trying to drive us away

i may have over reacted... for some reason PayPal wants to drive me into a business account. Looks like the fees are the same so not sure what that is all about, I'm just suspicious by nature

If you switch to a business account which is pretty easy you get a merchant ID, enter it here, and move on. If you don't want to do that then they make it very complicated to fill out forms, etc. I gave up and switched to business, made up a bogus business name and am moving on...
herman
And do not forget that eBay are also trying to force customers away from PayPal too with their "managed payments" system which they say ALL sellers will be enrolled in by 2020 thereby leaving PayPal out in the cold for millions of transactions.

Guess it was an ugly divorce after all...….
Same issue here, this is what I’ve got from Audiogon’s customer service:
"There is no question that this is being required by PayPal but most of the time their customer support is not aware of these things. It is going to be implemented on many sites that use PayPal.
It surprises us how often they give out inaccurate information via PayPal support."
Same issue. Moving on to another site. Too much trouble (the "find your merchant ID" thing didn’t work) and they are probably just setting up an increase in fees for "businesses" in the future. Honestly Audiogon is hosting way too many dealer ads now and they repost all the time so if you are a daily viewer, you keep seeing the same equipment all the time on the newly posted sort.