Something For The Fuse Guys ...

There are fuses, and then, there are fuses. 

I'm evaluating some prototype fuses that I received in the mail three days ago. 

Over the past few years, I've used fuses from five different manufacturers. The last three were the Red, Black and Blue fuses from Synergistic Research. Each one incrementally improved the sound of my system. My favorite so far was the SR Blue. 

The prototype fuses being evaluated presently raises the SQ beyond all of the others mentioned above. The major improvement to my ears is better tonal accuracy. Instruments and voices are more life-like. The noise is reduced allowing for a more solid 3-D presentation with the musicians more solidly presented on the sound stage. Overall, more information is fleshed out of CDs and LPs. 

The manufacturer, the price and the name of the prototype fuses will come later. I don't have the information thus far. My understanding is, if all works out, the release date is to be mid-October. 

Stay tuned ... 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Thanks for the reminder, as there is a component I need to roll fuses. 
Already did some powerful tuning and that will be icing on the cake.
Like Frank said, the number of fuses depends on equipment manufacturer/designer.  Most equipment will have one fuse on the A/C mains input. 

Some designers will load their equipment with fuses both before and after the transformer.  Example would be Parasound JC1 which has 7 fuses that directly affect the audio path and another 3 that do not affect audio (standby and trigger/turn-on circuits).  Even with this, just changing the primary A/C mains fuse on the back panel will yield improvements/changes.  Marantz is another company where you see a lot of fuses inside their equipment.

Some equipment may appear to not have a fuse and uses a circuit breaker instead, but in actuality still uses a standard fuse internally.  Example would be the Bryston 7b monoblocks.

Some equipment does not use a fuse at all and only uses a circuit breaker.  Example is the latest Emotiva Gen 3 amps.
Hmmmm, I'm going to guess that it might be Furutech, since they recently discontinued production of their fantastic rhodium fuses.  It would make sense that they were planning an upgraded/better product.  I couldn't believe that fuse is going away, lol.