ESL57 vs ESL63

The 57’s are going for twice the price of 63’s.

i like the managable size of this speaker, this is really a part of my soon to be retirement built two channel system.

besides the price, how do these two fair amongst each other. Realistically how much power do the require, tubes ? Solidstate ?

my hope would be to also get into lower powered triode type amps with this projects.....

kgveteran
I dont mind owning vintage gear, im a fabricator by nature, can routine maintenance be done by me, i hand built a 600lb acoustic sealed rolling door for my videoroom :0)
The dipole subwoofers look super easy to build. This is really shaping up nicely. I have a MiniDSP that would maybe needed for the subs
Watched an 8 part video on  rebuilding the panels on an  ESL 63,  it was interesting to find out what all the parts do because I had never seen an exploded version of that speaker on the inside, interesting to say the least, def doable. Very detailed
the smaller CJ tube amps in particular the MV-45A....work well with the 57
I am running pair 63 with a heavily modified MC240, adequate in my small room and as others have noted, reasonable expectations...

have fun, enjoy the journey and the music