Teaming Audio Research pre with Parasound JC5??

Hi, 
I am lucky enough to have an Audio Research Ref 6 pre-amp, but unlucky enough not to have enough cash to twin it with an AR power amp, which in any case may not have control for my speakers, with are B & W 803 D, latest series.  `I was thinking of partnering the pre-amp to a solid state power amp with respectable performance. Would the Parasound JC5   make the grade?  It would meet my budget better than anything from AR, for sure, and seems to have been well received in the few reviews I have read. But any friends here have views on this??  Is it too much a case of prince and pauper??
ginellis1
For the price, maybe a Ref 150 with plenty of hours....... it would also  leave me with about 150w  against 300 or so with the Parasound.  
ginellis1 OP

Don’t discount the JC5 so quick, it is designed by John Curl, in the same league as Nelson Pass. But the JC amp will have current to burn (90 amperes peak) current per channel, thanks to him loving and using BJT transistors.

The B&W 803D’s are said to be similar to drive as the 802’s which both harder than the 801d"s, they are constant in the bass up to 700hz around 3ohms, and have -64 degrees negative phase below 100hz which makes them a fairly evil load for an amp. I couldn’t think of a better amp for the money than the JC5.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/616BW802fig1.jpg

Cheers George
Just because John Curl designed the amp, Parasound uses good parts but does hold Mr. Curl back.

In terms of power amplifiers that can easily drive a set of B&W for roughly the same price, you can get a Coda .8 which is a 250 wattt amp with the first 12 watts being in pure Class A. 

THe Coda .8 has a massive 3kv transformer, and is built by Doug Dale who was with Nelson Pass at Threshold. 

Many people consider the Coda amplifiers to be sonically similar to the Pass with a little bit less emphasis in the midrange, so similar flavor with a slighly more neutral platatte.

The .8 was rave reviewed in Home Theater and they compared the amp to the Parasound and a pair of $14k Pass Mono ampliifers. 

If you need power with finesse, a huge soundstage, from a company who has been in business for over 20 years with a cult following throught the world you should look at a Coda. .8 just magnificient.

https://hometheaterreview.com/coda-technologies-continuum-no-8-stereo-amplifier/

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Parasound and Coda dealers

(((If you need power with finesse, a huge soundstage, from a company who has been in business for over 20 years with a cult following throught the world you should look at a Coda. .8 just magnificient.)))
 Dave and TroyI disagree with your well-intended recommendation
His Ref six would really shine with a partnering amp with an input impedance of 100 K for best cohesive operation.
 The pre-owned ARC Ref 150s power amp has an ideal input impedance a great power supply fantastic performance and will sing well ginellis1 with your Ref 6 / Bower&Wilkins speakers.
 Best JohnnyR