What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
mcreyn
You are treading on thin ice, publicly questioning moderators decisions, I've seen one other removed from these forums for this.
All submissions, whether they be questions or answers, are subject to moderation. Any designated moderator will have to the right to remove content that he or she deems inappropriate.

As for your other question, go listen to a pair of 25w ML2 monoblocks, doubling is your key to which sounds better at the 2ohms "to a given level". Not which sounds louder, a PA amp at 3000watts will do this, such as the Behringer NX3000 will do it for just $299 go buy one!!!.
https://www.parts-express.com/behringer-nx3000-ultra-lightweight-class-d-3000w-power-amplifier--248-7012  
If the moderators wish to ban me for asking legitimate questions, they are welcome to do so. I would do so in private, but cannot find anyway to contact moderators. If they do in fact ban people for asking legitimate questions, this site will lose contributing members until there is no site left.

@mcreyn - "George, still waiting for you to demonstrate how an amp putting out 200 watts at 2 ohms is flowing more current than one putting out 400 watts at 2 ohms."

I'm pretty sure this is George's point. This is from the Pass Labs website - https://www.passlabs.com/press/power-supplies-commentary-consumers:

"If the stereo amplifier is rated 200  watts per channel pure Class A, it will draw about 1000 watts all the time, meaning that about 3000 watts of power transformer is called for, no less."

Also from the same article on Switching Power Supplies: "This can be a deep subject, but suffice it to say that I believe that some of the same caveats apply to switching supplies as linear regulators. Again, they should be rated far beyond the nominal current requirements of the amplifier circuit, particularly as the switchers I have seen usually degrade badly beyond their ratings. Also, it helps if the power supply capacitors before and after the switcher are very substantial. This is typically not the case, since one of the primary motivations to use switchers is to save money."

And here's an example from Stereophile for the Mytek Brooklyn Class-D amp that viper6 owns: Defining clipping as when the THD+noise in the output reaches 1%, Mytek specifies the Brooklyn Amp as clipping at 250Wpc into 8 ohms (24dBW), at 300Wpc into 4 ohms (21.7dBW), and at 400Wpc into 2 ohms (20dBW). I measured clipping powers of 245W into 8 ohms (23.9dBW, fig.4) and 315Wpc into 4 ohms (22dBW, fig.5), both with both channels driven. However, when I tried to measure the clipping power into 2 ohms, the Mytek went into protection mode at 310W (18.9dBW), with any further increase in the input voltage not resulting in a higher output power - https://www.stereophile.com/content/mytek-brooklyn-amp-power-amplifier-measurements

I believe all George is saying is that regardless of manufactures specs, it's probably in the best interest of a potential buyer for any amp to have measurements done independently to support the specs.

It seems to be more often than not that when Stereophile measures Class-D amps, there's a comment about careful matching to low impedance speakers.

golfnutz,
Thanks for quoting Stereophile on my Mytek Brooklyn amp.  George would say it is a mediocre amp because it doesn't increase its output capability much as the impedance is lowered.  SO WHAT?  It is a budget amp which happens to have accurate/neutral sound within its power limitations.  It sounds much more accurate/neutral than the pure class A Levinson ML2 which was a perfect voltage source with hefty power supply.  We are here to find amps that reveal more music, not to debate specs.  The latter is for academic societies.  Specs are useful to rule out very low powered amps for very inefficient speakers, for example.