Vandersteen Kento Specs Released

From Vandersteen email:

Featuring  a carbon tweeter, the Model Seven MK II midrange, new 9-inch subwoofer drivers powered by 400-Watt Linear Amplifier and increased midbass adjustability resulting in a more open and expansive soundstage, and greater bass authority than the now retired model 5A Carbon.

Vandersteen Audio is very proud to premiere the KĒNTO Carbon, the newest Vandersteen loudspeaker. The previous model at this price level, the Model 5 represented the first Vandersteen speaker with an adjustable powered subwoofer built into the full range enclosure to pursue the ideal time and phase alignment of all drivers. The original Model 5 had been in constant production for over twenty years, where it was firmly ensconced as a Stereophile Class A Recommendations, and was a perennial TAS Editor's Choice and winning universal praise from reviewers and consumers around the world. All of which is testament to the fact that it’s a tough speaker to improve upon! However, Richard and Nathan Vandersteen, the architects of this ambitious project, found that using side-firing 9 inch drivers allowed for further bass and mid-bass integration adjustment in any space. This breakthrough along with the existing carbon tweeter and newly combined with the patented Model Seven midrange yields results never seen at this price point. Early measurements and listening show this speaker’s performance will be a good part of the Model Seven Mk.II and a significant step forward with it’s new proprietary technological features. This speaker is priced at an introductory price of $37,500 per pair in painted or wood veneer finishes, and will be available early in 2020. A small deposit will hold your place and you can decide your finish later. See your Vandersteen dealer for details.

KĒNTO Carbon Specifications
Tweeter
Exclusive Aerodynamic Dual-Chamber, Transmission-Line Loaded Carbon Dome with Ferrofluid Voice-Coil Cooling

Midrange
4.5” Patented Perfect Piston™ Midrange with 3-Layer Carbon Fiber/Balsa/Carbon Fiber Cone, Die-Cast Aerodynamic Basket with Neo-Magnet Assembly and Ferrofluid Voice-Coil Cooling

Mid-Woofer
6.5” Woven-Fiber Cone and Precision-Formed Magnet Assembly Copper Faraday Ring

Subwoofer(s)
(2) 9" Aluminum Drivers with Long-Throw Motor Assemblies
Phase
Positive
Subwoofer Amplifier
400-Watt Class B High-Current Amplifier with Fully Regulated Switching Power Supply

Recommended Amplification
40-200 Watts Into 8 Ohms

Frequency Response
23 Hz – 40kHz +/- 3 dB
Sensitivity
85 dB, 1 meter/2.83 volt input
Impedance
4 ohms +/- 1 ohms
Crossovers
First order/6dB per octave, 200Hz, 900Hz, 5kHz
Input Terminals
Barrier strips, 1/2" max width
Dimensions (WHD)
12” x 47” x 19”
Weight
110 lbs. Ea. Net
Country of Manufacture
Made in the USA in a solar powered factory

cedargrover
Ct, I know the Quattro doesn't have the model 7's type of carbon mid and tweet but isn't the reflection free mid in the Quattro (and Treo) a carbon fiber version? 
The mid and mid woofer are woven fiber units.  The bass is a carbon/celluos cone.

Richard went with those 7 drivers (also matched to the same tolerances I bet to get identical L/R speakers.  I was told that it is very close to the 7's and not to the older 5's.  Dramatic change and why the price went up a bit.  
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/rocky-mountain-audio-festival-2019-day-one-coverageThis Vanderstee feed-forward concept works all through the lineupI received this comment from a 3 A Sig / X 5 High Pass / dual Sub 3s fellow last night.
After setting the x over correctly he was non-reachable a few attempts I knew he was too busy engaged in the system. 
 Did receive this text though.
(( Utterly amazing. More precise female vocal, great bass guitar but I did not expect better soundstage and imaging.  REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR GUIDANCE AND ADVICE. THANKS!!! )))

Best JohnnyR