Which Magnepans for my small room?

I'm thinking of Maggie's because of the huge amount of praise I see for them especially for the money. My room is 12x16x8 feet and I already have two 18 inch PSA subs. Right now running paradigm signature s8 v2.

I ideally want something significantly better. What would be the right Maggie for my space? I'm thinking Max I would go to Mag 20.7 and get it used.

I'll be driving them with dual bryston 4bsst with 4bsst2 motherboards which are class d and rated at close to 1000 watts per channel in bridged mode.

Also any kind of cover you can recommend to protect them from my cats?
smodtactical
Post removed 
Smod, They are very different speakers than you have now. They will not go louder but they will go loud more effortlessly. With your subs they will go loud enough. I do not think anyone can argue about the high frequencies. Many think the Maggie ribbon tweeter is the best made.
They will cast a larger image. Like being in row 6 instead of row 20. This alone impresses a lot of people. Some think the image is too big. I am not one of them. Bass is detailed but does not go down that far but you have that covered. They are dipoles and should be off the wall at least 3 feet. Place acoustic foam tiles on the wall directly behind the speaker for the best imaging. Planar magnetics like the Maggies are usually mentioned in the same breath as ESLs. Both have their proponents. They give you the same perspective on the music. I personally think full range ESLs have an advantage. No crossover, much lighter diaphragm and total control of the diaphragm down to the molecular level. They tend to be more expensive and bigger. I would give a look at the SoundLabs 545 which I believe is in your price range. 

Mike
Touche', Mike! I very much agree, the 3.7 is a far better loudspeaker than the 1.7, which I don't much care for (preferring the ET LFT-8b). The 20.7 I have not heard, but the 30.7 I would kill for. Just kidding, FBI.
This thread caused me to revisit the Magnepan site. For the 1.7s they recommend moving the tweeters to the outside to improve off axis imaging.   I believe this is a substantial improvement in my listening room.  I knew of this option but failed to experiment previously.  

These are amazing speakers and smodtactical will be very pleased with whichever model he selects.  He also has plenty of power to drive them.  I’m not sure he needs to or should bridge his amps however.