Vandersteen 2WQ Subs and ARC Power amp

Just purchased a pair of 2WQ subs in very good condition.  However, the variable crossovers that came with them were single ended, so elsewhere I purchased the fixed balanced versions, marked with "150K".  The seller assured me that was the proper value for my ARC REF 150, which has an input impedance of 300K.

I have very little, if any, output from the subs when I use these crossovers.  Do I have the wrong values for this amp?
Ag insider logo xs@2xscottwsmith
Bob, I agree, not to run the subs without the crossovers. I was just explaining to the OP what the sound might be like without the crossovers hooked up. I have mine connected to my integrated amp"s processor's ins and outs. I one time forgot to engage the processor loop and the bass was boomy and bloated. In other words, that's the way it sounds without the crossovers. I did this quite by accident and would no way tell anyone to run the subs continuously without the crossovers.
Cheers,
Tim
 {Input impedance and getting right}
What the input impedance spec in the owner's manual reads doesn't matter, its what the voltmeter reads plain and simple.
The reason this is misunderstood is some amps use
J fet drivers, some bipolar which measure slightly different at 1000 vs100 Hz or 80 Hz
The absolute only way is to confirm proper settings is with an AC Voltmeter, not an owners manual or what the salesman tells you
Install red and black voltmeter probes in amp speaker binding posts turn down the volume in pre amp play Vandertones CD track 27 1000 Hz with Voltmeter set to AC millivolts adjust pre-amp volume slowly up till it reads 1V AC then play track 30 for 100 Hz Vandy five, seven, Quatros, etcWhen doing a 2WQ or Sub 3 This means you Scott ((((track 31 for 80 Hz Vandy 2W 2WQ or new Sub 3))) if X5 dip switches are set properly or installed at amp factory it should read.707 If not start from the beginning adjust dip switches until you have it set properly. If you are using other speakers that are out of time alignment flip the subs 180 degrees by inverting the speaker wire inputs and see what serves your preference.Best,JohnnyR, Vandersteen Dealer
I did exchange emails with Mr. V yesterday, and along with John R of audio connection the suggestion is to purchase some X5 crossovers so I can adjust the impedance matching and dial in the bass using the procedure that John outlines above (thanks John).  Guess you can add my name to the list of guys who has been initially fooled by these subs.  I will check back again once I have (hopefully) made some progress.
Mr V, BTW, was very skeptical about using the subs without the crossovers.  I did that only at low levels to verify that the subs were working.
Richard Vandersteen told me that operating the subs consistently without the crossovers will damage the internal amps in the subs. He very sternly warned me from doing this. Said, "Don't come to me with a warranty claim if you do this!"