An enjoyable evening watching "Country Music Live At The Ryman" on AZ PBS.

Last night, the wife and I had a most enjoyable evening, gratis our comfy couch and AV system, watching a AZ PBS broadcast of "Country Music Live AT The Ryman" 

A wonderful tribute to the history of Country Music and the many artists, writers  and producers who helped pave its way. It was hosted by producer Ken Burns with tribute performances of the music of such iconic legends as Hank Williams. Johny Cash, Maybelle Carter and many others, performances by Vince Gill, Rodney Crowell, Kathy Matea, Marty Stewart, Dwight Yoakam, Holly Williams and other noted artists.
It was both educational and entertaining and inspired me to dig out some of my old favorite Country LPs and CDs and spend the night enjoying some almost forgotten, wonderful tunes. 

Whether or not Country Music is among one's favorite genres, it definitely has deep roots in America's musical landscape.
For those who haven't had a chance to enjoy this great broadcast, check your local PBS for possible re-broadcasts and follow up additions of the history and artists of American Country Music, as well as specials on the many other genre of music. 

Jim

jhills
Last night’s show was a concert and promo for the documentary "Country Music" that begins next Sunday the 15th.  It's an eight part series.  I'm not a big fan of Ken Burns.  His style is a little slow for me.  I hope this one's good.  There will be a lot to learn for those unfamiliar with the genre and Country fans alike.
I’m not very familiar with Ken Burns particularly, but did find the overall production and performances quite enjoyable and am looking forward to the ongoing series. I’m sure there will be something to learn and a bit of great music.....Jim

@tooblue I hope you can find, I think you would enjoy.
I pulled out an old box set of Jim Reeves, a while back and was very impressed at how clean, clear and present his vocals were. I had a nice listening session last night and plans to do some more in days and evenings to come - a lot to love about some of that old Country.....Jim