Ceramic insulator cone under phono stage shocker!

I have used small ceramic insulator cones underneath my phono stage for quite some time.
Previous phono was a Gold note ph10 and it did not make ANY audible difference I could detect which way up the cones were so I had left them cone upwards.

When I changed my phono to a Manley Chinook I just left the cones same way.
This afternoon I decided to flip them over so cone down just to see.

I honestly could not and cannot believe the difference!
I may have lost a smidge of low bass but everywhere else is improved in spades.
Much more detail, resolution, air, imaging, dynamics.
Just completely shocking how much better a small change has made.

But I am perplexed why such a huge change on the Chinook where I noted nothing on the ph10?

Any theories here?
128x128uberwaltz
Why would I want to take away your title? Besides, I already have one, remember? King.
My apologies to all here for lowering myself to Katie's level, had to do a good limbo to get there I admit.

So if anybody has anything on topic and useful to add now would be a good time.

While GK is packing up bdp24 prize we might regain some semblance of order.

Carry on.
FWIW, under my phono stage (a Herron VTPH-2) I use and have been pleased with an Adona Multi-Element Platform, with attached cones that point downward.  I installed it at the same time as the phono stage, though, so I can't comment on how much of a difference it is making, or on how it may compare to something else.  In the 12 x 18 inch size I required it cost about $260 plus shipping.

The craftsmanship that went into it, btw, in the cherry trimmed configuration I ordered, is something to behold.  My wife, who is something of an artist among other things, commented that it is truly an "objet d'art."

Regards,
-- Al

The last thing I won was a full-expense paid trip for two to Austin, after my ticket stub at a Junior Brown show at The Lava Lounge in L.A. was pulled out of the lottery hat. Air fare, two nights at the historic Driskill Hotel in Downtown Austin (there’s a tribute to Asleep At The Wheel in the lobby), a rental car, and per diem for food & drink. Also in line at the show was Stephen Stills, who did a double-take when he saw me (at the time I looked an awful lot like Buffalo Springfield-era Neil Young. I occasionally got asked for his autograph ;-).

Anyway, I’ve been intending to try the Machina Dynamica New Dark Matter, but as it wasn’t one of the offered choices, I’ll try the Flying Saucers For Windows. Geoff, send ’em to the same place you sent me both your Spring models. By the way, fellers, you really should try the MD Springs yourself. The Best Buy in Hi-Fi isolation!