What is the right choice?

So I am looking to upgrade from a NAD C356BEE integrated receiver to something that provides better sonic fidelity and a phono connection and onboard DAC. The budget/price point is around $1000 to $1600. So far two different sale people recommend the Yamaha s801. I have also listened to the NAD c368 and c388 with my speakers attached which I have brought to the local dealer for demo.

So I look for reviews and come across Sean from Zero Fidelity who provides an interesting approach for a technology review of audio gear. He conveys a comprehensive look at the technology piece inside and out and leaves you with a pretty thorough understanding of how the Yamaha s801 will sound. A good performing piece just not great. Sean then leaves you with a look at some comparable amps.  The NAD c316BEE and the IOTAVX. The NAD is not worth mentioning relative to this study but the IOTAVX Stack based on all of his reviews is what I should be looking at.

Can anyone share their experience with IOTA's technology and service?

Is this the right step up in fidelity from the NAD c356?

Should I be looking at Arcam, Cambridge, Marantz, Pro-ject and Quad as part of this study? 

musicvt
And speaking of Parasound, they have their new NewClassic 200 Integrated which looks very promising for $1,200. 110 watt Pascal class D power, Burr Brown dac, bass management, HT passthrough (including subs....I think), MM/MC phono. Pretty much everything you can ask for all in a nice small 1U package. If this sounds as good as their Z Custom line of products which I own for a second system, this may be hard to beat.
I like the Parasound integrated idea.  You should be able to buy that for $2,500 with some negotiating.  Last year at the RMAF, they sold 3 for $2,250.  Parasound puts out a lot of current.  Not sure why manufacturers talk about watts when they should talk about amps.
I believe what constitutes 'warmth' is subjective. I have owned several NAD amplifiers throughout the years and have listened to several others. I would not declare them to be, as a class, warm, however in comparison to the A-S701 it seemed to me that the NAD 356 was more so. I might have declared the 701 as more airy, lighter. Since warmth has much to do with the speakers in use, I should add that this comparison was made with a pair of B&W CM5s. 

I also owned the NAD 326BEE prior to the NAD 356BEE, made the change because I was using them in a secondary system for outside use and the slight extra power (headroom?) provided by the 356 proved beneficial. Other wise I would have kept the 326.  I agree with jrpnde that is was 'more musical'.

I have also listened to and enjoyed PSB speakers, most recently Synchrony 1s. And have heard that NAD mates well with PSBs. I have not heard then together however. I do believe NAD provides the amplifiers for PSB subwoofers. 

At the moment, if I was considering the purchase of a new integrated having both phonostage and DAC, at a budget limit of $1600, I am not sure what I would purchase. If wanting to stay closer to $1000 budget and purchase a new product, I would consider the A-S801 or the Outlaw receiver (forgot model). There are likely more contenders.  That said, I would most likely look at purchasing a used recent model integrated which retailed at ~$2500 for somewhere between the aforementioned price points with the features required. 
   mesch...There has been a bit of discussion on this thread about the combination of NAD amps and PSB speakers. I am quite curious about your comment about what you heard with the PSB Synchronys. Before the Imagine line came out the Synchrony line was supposedly the flagship of PSB. I have read a lot of reviews and opinions comparing the two different models and seems that most opinions favor the Synchrony over the Imagine. Since the Synchrony series has been out of production for a while, the only option is in the used market. I just wonder how much they are superior.
   I am using a pair of Imagine B's with a pair of two 10" subs. I would like to stay with the use of the subs so stand mounts would be preferable over floors standers. So, the option would be the Synchrony 1B. The Synchrony 2B is also out there but just a peg down from the 1B. Obviously, auditioning these speakers at a dealer is out and I am wondering if you or any of the others posting on this forum may have first hand experience with comparisons of the two lines.

I appreciate all the feedback I received from this post, however I have not had any comments on the IOTAVX S3/P3 possible decision. This would be an upgrade to support the need for a phono input, a DAC and some additional wattage. Does anybody have experience with this brand?
Now I am adding an additional question relative to another one of Zero Fidelity's high ranking reviews, the Buchardt S400 bookshelf speaker.

Does this pairing makes Hi-Fi sense? IotaVX and the S400? Is this a sonic upgrade from the NAD C356 and the PSB Imagine B's?

Sean from Zero Fidelity, care to comment?