Do you guys like Adele's music?

Do you guys like Adele's music? 
128x128leaglee
@tablejockey, well you know the music industry was never about talent, never about art - it was always about sales and it always will be. The biggest selling artists have done little else than provide largely forgettable landfill for future generations to puzzle about.

Seriously, if you manage to listen to some of the biggest selling vocalists concentrating on the vocals above the music, you are likely to suffer.

In some cases like Adele, Aretha and other experts of empty vocal pyrotechnics largely lacking any sense of humanity etc - really suffer.

Sure, quality acts like the Velvets, Joy Division, Nick Drake amongst others who sold next to nothing in their time have been exonerated saleswise somewhat in the due course of time but the only act to fabulously succeed on both commercial and artistic grounds were, well you don’t need it spelling out do you?

Oh OK then, let me say it that without the Beatles to lend it artistic and commercial respectability the music industry does indeed seem to atifify the famous Hunter S Thompson quote,

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There’s also a negative side."
She's good, but I despised how she was promoted to superstar status so early in her career. Becoming a superstar takes staying power and at least a few years and at least a few albums of high quality music. After her first album, some people were calling her the greatest female singer ever. Nope, that label comes with sustained greatness.
cd318-

I have a kinda rare Joy Division "Unknown Pleasures" Given to me in 1980, by a friend who was hip to the changing music scene. I was still  clinging to my Zep and Stones. 

Its not an uber rare Brit press, but still a US early copy.
It's had numerous plays on awful tables, but surprisingly the music prevails!
Great thread.

Adele is supremely talented.  She has the pipes to rival anyone out there.  She's got control and power. She can convey emotion.  Her lyrics are readily accessible and discernible. 

But, and it's a big but, subjectively I've always thought she needs a better producer and some creative direction.  Why does she go 0 to 60 or even 90 on every song--or seemingly every song?  Why is the music so tense that I want to pull my hair out?  Could she just allow some air into the studio for all of our sakes?   Air, space between notes, rests....she needs all of this in my opinion. Oh, and can't she do some other voices than belt-it-out.  

Take a listen to Imelda May's album, Life Love Flesh Blood.  Adele can you please, for the love of your talent make something like this? PLEASE!

Adele is amazing but needs her own George Martin to help her get to her peak.